Board of control

Started by littleguy301, October 25, 2020, 12:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

The board of control is meeting the week before the planned start of the season.  Look up the board of control and its members and reach out to them with your concerns. They meet often and have a major voice with ease over certain things.

The board is taking questions on how to make the season better. The simple the wiaa sucks isnt something they want to hear things like making tris and quads work are being listened to, how to run a state series are among them. They certainly are listening but we will see if they do anything.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imwi

DocWrestling

Best thing to do is share what other states around us are doing!
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

MNbadger

Quote from: DocWrestling on October 25, 2020, 01:24:09 PM
Best thing to do is share what other states around us are doing!
Start date: November 30th.
End date: March 6th.
Maximum dates 16.
Maximum individual matches 32.
Primarily triangulars on Thursdays and Saturdays.
The SSC combined with the Lake Conference t make for some variety.
Ten rounds leaving schools to find 6 other dates for like opponents/level of competition. 
No word on post season competition if any.
Lake Conference/ South Suburban Conference
Wrestling schedule

The league has mandated for wrestling a 16 event/32 match limit. Wrestlers usually get 45 matches in a regular season. Each coach will have to find 32 teams that will wrestle them and then fit into their schedule. This will be extremely difficult for all coaches. The following is a proposed schedule for the South Suburban and the Lake Conference to partner and fill nine dates.

This schedule would allow 9 dates to be filled by all schools. The 9th round schools will have the option to bring in another non-conference team and make this date a triangular. This would decrease the number of triangular's that each coach will need to find to 7 (14 teams). The seven non-scheduled meets can be scheduled with each teams ability level.

Skin Check/Weigh ins at 4pm for Thursdays, 9am Saturdays
Tris start at 5pm on Thursdays, 10am on Saturdays
Dual JV starts at 5pm and Varsity 6pm on Thursdays.
***If schools are travelling from far away (Buffalo and Rosemount, for example, schools can adjust times as needed)

Rd1-Thursday, Dec 10
Lakeville North, Farmington, Minnetonka (Lakeville North Hosts)
Open, Wayzata, Edina (Edina Hosts)
Apple Valley, Eagan, Hopkins (Apple Valley Hosts; was Eagan)
Buffalo, Prior Lake, Eden Prairie (Eden Prairie Hosts)
Lakeville South, STMA, Burnsville (STMA Hosts)
Eastview, Shakopee, Rosemount (Shakopee Hosts)

Rd2- Saturday, Dec 12
Buffalo, Apple Valley, Bye (Buffalo Hosts)
Farmington, Prior Lake, STMA (Prior Lake Hosts)
Burnsville, Edina, Hopkins (Hopkins or Edina Hosts?)
Lakeville North, Rosemount Eagan (Rosemount Hosts)
Minnetonka, Wayzata, Eastview (Wayzata Hosts)
Shakopee, Lakeville South, Eden Prairie (Lakeville South Hosts)

Rd3-Thursday, Dec 17
Buffalo, Lakeville South, Eastview (Lakeville South Hosts)
Farmington, Wayzata, Eagan (Farmington Hosts)
Burnsville, Rosemount Eden Prairie (Rosemount Hosts)
Lakeville North, Edina, STMA (Lakeville North Hosts)
Shakopee, Open, Hopkins (Shakopee Hosts)
Minnetonka, Prior Lake, Apple Valley (Prior Lake Hosts)

Rd 4-Saturday, Dec 19
Lakeville North, Kennedy, Eastview (Eastview Hosts)
Shakopee, Prior Lake, Eagan, (Prior Lake o Shakopee Hosts; was Eagan)
Minnetonka, Edina, Eden Prairie (Minnetonka Hosts)
Buffalo, Rosemount, STMA (Buffalo Hosts)
Farmington, Lakeville South, Hopkins (Farmington Hosts)
Burnsville, Wayzata, Apple Valley (Apple Valley Hosts)

Rd 5-Thursday, Jan 7
Burnsville, Forest Lake, Lakeville North (Burnsville Hosts)
Open, Prior Lake, Rosemount (Prior Lake Hosts)
Apple Valley, STMA, Eden Prairie (Eden Prairie Hosts)
Buffalo, Wayzata, Hopkins (Buffalo Hosts)
Lakeville South, Eagan, Minnetonka (Minnetonka Hosts)
Eastview, Farmington, Edina (Farmington Hosts)

Rd 6-Saturday, Jan 9
Buffalo, Shakopee, Minnetonka, (Minnetonka Hosts)
Lakeville South, Prior Lake, Edina (Prior Lake Hosts)
Eastview, STMA, Hopkins (STMA Hosts)
Lakeville North, Wayzata, Eden Prairie (Eden Prairie Hosts)
Kennedy, Eagan, Burnsville (Burnsville Hosts)
Apple Valley, Farmington, Rosemount (Rosemount Hosts)

Rd 7-Thursday, Jan 14
Buffalo, Farmington, Burnsville (Buffalo Hosts)
Lakeville South, Wayzata, Rosemount (Wayzata Hosts)
Lakeville North, Prior Lake, Hopkins (Hopkins Hosts)
Open, STMA, Minnetonka (STMA Hosts)
Apple Valley, Shakopee, Edina (Apple Valley Hosts)

Rd 7-Friday, Jan 15
Eastview, Eagan, Eden Prairie (Eastview Hosts)
Shakopee, Wayzata, STMA (Shakopee Hosts)

Rd 8-Saturday, Jan 16
Lakeville North, Lakeville South, Apple Valley (Lakeville North Hosts)
Minnetonka, Rosemount, Hopkins (Hopkins Hosts)
Buffalo, Edina, Eagan (Edina Hosts)
Farmington, Kennedy? , Eden Prairie (Eden Prairie Hosts)
Burnsville, Prior Lake, Eastview (Eastview Hosts)

Rd 9-Thursday, Jan 21
Buffalo vs Lakeville North (Lakeville North Hosts)
Lakeville South vs Open
Eastview vs Apple Valley (Apple Valley Hosts)
Farmington vs Shakopee (Farmington Hosts)
Wayzata vs Prior Lake (Wayzata Hosts)
Eagan vs STMA (Eagan Hosts)
Burnsville vs Minnetonka (Minnetonka Hosts)
Rosemount vs Edina (Edina Hosts)
Eden Prairie vs Hopkins (Hopkins Hosts)

Round 10- Thursday, January 28

Shakopee, Open, Burnsville
Lakeville North, Open, Farmington

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

littleguy301

I have presented Minnesota season to a board member. He thought it looked like a good plan. I have go keep on that.

beastmode

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on October 25, 2020, 09:20:13 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on October 25, 2020, 08:57:23 PM
I have presented Minnesota season to a board member. He thought it looked like a good plan. I have go keep on that.

Asking this with peace and love.  How do you hit "post" all the time without regard for any grammar?  Your credibility weakens post after post.  I seriously am perplexed.  I just can't.....

Really?!? Who gives a $hit about his grammar? Do us all a favor, leave the conversation.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

littleguy301

Asking this with peace and love.  How do you hit "post" all the time without regard for any grammar?  Your credibility weakens post after post.  I seriously am perplexed.  I just can't.....

Here is the deal. I post from my tablet. It has a small key board and I miss the space button and hit m, n, all the time. Also I have auto correct that changes words on me.

I will go back and try to tap an area to delete the word and re spell it but with my pork link sausage fingers never actually let me hit the right spot so out of sheer laziness I just hit post and let people try to figure it out. If it is real bad I usually hit the modify button and re do it after seeing how bad it is.

After being on here for now 3 decades I have learned how to read and understand most people's typing. We have had some real champs at spelling over the years and it has been brought to my attention that I am pretty high on the grammar podium in this forum, before.

I also didn't know I needed a master's in English to be on a wrestling forum.

Sorry you have a problem with my grammar and it has been noticed in previous comments you have made. Well at least I have tried reaching out to board members and wade with more than their plan sucks. Actually try to make points. Maybe my grammar isn't the best but I try. Can I ask if you have done the same, or would you rather comment on a forum about improper grammar when there is much bigger problems in wrestling than some smucker that has poor grammar.

I will say this in peace and love, I usually walk forward so the brim of my hat faces that way. No need to walk backwards so my brim of my hat faces that way  ;D

bigG

Quote from: littleguy301 on October 25, 2020, 11:27:37 PM

Here is the deal. I post from my tablet. It has a small key board and I miss the space button and hit m, n, all the time. Also I have auto correct that changes words on me.

I will go back and try to tap an area to delete the word and re spell it but with my pork link sausage fingers never actually let me hit the right spot so out of sheer laziness I just hit post and let people try to figure it out. If it is real bad I usually hit the modify button and re do it after seeing how bad it is.

After being on here for now 3 decades I have learned how to read and understand most people's typing. We have had some real champs at spelling over the years and it has been brought to my attention that I am pretty high on the grammar podium in this forum, before.

I also didn't know I needed a master's in English to be on a wrestling forum.

Sorry you have a problem with my grammar and it has been noticed in previous comments you have made. Well at least I have tried reaching out to board members and wade with more than their plan sucks. Actually try to make points. Maybe my grammar isn't the best but I try. Can I ask if you have done the same, or would you rather comment on a forum about improper grammar when there is much bigger problems in wrestling than some smucker that has poor grammar.

I will say this in peace and love, I usually walk forward so the brim of my hat faces that way. No need to walk backwards so my brim of my hat faces that way  ;D

Don't change a thing, LG. We can read and tell what you're saying. I have to read and write papers all the time. Nice to read real English now and again.

We're talking policy and the guy who cries when a thread gets highjacked comes along and spreads manure wherever he sees fit, high jacking this thread in the process.

I really like the way MN put it together. Wish we could roll like that; or some facsimile.

I'd like to introduce him to a fella around here named Shlepi. "COMMON man!"
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

panther93

Great Points Little Guy.

I wish the board would have been more proactive and seen what other states were doing.  I really feel that we are behind the 8 ball now.  Hopefully something changes and we can scramble to get things scheduled.  The MN plan seems to be one of the best that I have seen. 

Please contact your reps and let them know about this plan.  We need to do better for our athletes.

littleguy301

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on October 26, 2020, 08:39:23 AM
I was out of line.   I apologize.  Sorry. 

**Note to self, never post after a 7th Bud Light****

That is fine. I have heard it before and there are 2 things I have never been called in my life and that is smart and good looking! so I take most comments or insults in stride due to the fact I have an EX ;D

Though I do questions your "rank" of adult beverages but I am not one to say much because if you think your choice is "dynamite" then enjoy at your hearts content ;D

bigoil

It sure is a good thing 'ol mags doesn't post as much anymore, this guy may have a heart attack or need to hire Ghetto for the deciphering lesson.

thequad

AGREE
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

bigG

Quote from: bigoil on October 26, 2020, 12:28:43 PM
It sure is a good think 'ol mags doesn't post as much anymore, this guy may have a heart attack or need to hire Ghetto for the deciphering lesson.

That's why I made the Shlepi comment. "COMMON man!" was my all time favorite.

Miss ya Maggie! I think it was Ghetto that did amazing Maggie "impressions." Possibly the funniest posts in forum history. Of course, Maggie was crete and LG's black top, so worlds apart.

Ghetto

Quote from: bigoil on October 26, 2020, 12:28:43 PM
It sure is a good thing 'ol mags doesn't post as much anymore, this guy may have a heart attack or need to hire Ghetto for the deciphering lesson.

I'm always here for you. De gratis deciphering.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG