Ashwaubenon sectional

Started by emmitmac, February 21, 2020, 07:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmitmac

There should be some great matches there this weekend. Any predictions from those in the know

madeyson

138 is loaded - there are 5 that have a chance to make it out - starts in first round with Derenne vs Leon, semi finals will be great - I see Leon & Lopez coming out.

145 -  Smith vs Bruss in the semis, winner gets Leisgang in the finals - I will take Leisgang vs Bruss coming out

170 - Ramage vs Bekish in the semis will be a great match, seeing a wrestle back in that one for birth to Madison - I got Ramage/Bekish

HWT - #1 and #2 in the state - looking forward to this matchup, I will pick the upset - Quick winning it

Should be a great day of wrestling in Ashwaubenon

emmitmac

106- Clark, Corrigan
113-Verhagen, Smith
120-Campshure,Francois
126-Eisch, Craft....but looking forward to craft vs Hendricks
132-Stumpf, Minor
138-Lopez, Ward
145 -Leisgang, Bruss
152-Hammen, Mashl
160-Alexander, Lemke
170-Ramage, Bekish
182- VanDeHei, Grzybowski
195-Anderson, Arent
220-Moynihan, Tourtillott
285-Quick, Meeuwsen

Picked in order of finish  126-152 are going to see some close matches. I had some free time so decided to give my picks

bulldog

Solid picks...only think I would offer is Sanderfoot slides in at 138. It is a loaded bracket

emmitmac

Quote from: bulldog on February 21, 2020, 12:12:18 PM
Solid picks...only think I would offer is Sanderfoot slides in at 138. It is a loaded bracket

Both Sanderfoot and Lopez with 3 losses. Looking at their wins this year, Lopez has wrestled better competition. Thats my reasoning, though that semi matchup should be a doozy

statman

Im a bit of a homer but i would love to see lopez and derenne make it out. The 2 seniors have been in some stacked brackets in the past and i would love to see them go
they don't call me statman for nothin

emmitmac

Quote from: statman on February 21, 2020, 06:19:53 PM
Im a bit of a homer but i would love to see lopez and derenne make it out. The 2 seniors have been in some stacked brackets in the past and i would love to see them go

And both great kids. Though I'm sure you could say that for 99% of the kids that have worked this hard. I like your logic. They have seen some tough competition in their 4 years in HS.im with you Derenne and Lopez would thrill me

emmitmac

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on February 21, 2020, 07:27:14 PM
Quote from: emmitmac on February 21, 2020, 07:24:16 PM
Quote from: statman on February 21, 2020, 06:19:53 PM

And both great kids. Though I'm sure you could say that for 99% of the kids that have worked this hard. I like your logic. They have seen some tough competition in their 4 years in HS.im with you Derenne and Lopez would thrill me

Isn't Lopez your son?

As a matter of fact, he is. Is that relevant? I hope you are wrong in your pick. The reality is at least two kids from that bracket are capable of placing at state that won't make it out of sectionals  Derenne and Andrew played on same team for two years in Pop Warner days.

1Iota

I would love to see a video of the Stumpf vs Minor match.  I followed it on tracks dashboard, but would love to actually see it.

jagmann

Stumpf Minor match was a awesome match with constant lead changes , some questionable calls but overall a match Fun  to watch!!

emmitmac

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on February 21, 2020, 12:09:37 PM
Quote from: emmitmac on February 21, 2020, 12:05:15 PM
106- Clark, Corrigan
113-Verhagen, Smith
120-Campshure,Francois
126-Eisch, Craft....but looking forward to craft vs Hendricks
132-Stumpf, Minor
138-Lopez, Ward
145 -Leisgang, Bruss
152-Hammen, Mashl
160-Alexander, Lemke
170-Ramage, Bekish
182- VanDeHei, Grzybowski
195-Anderson, Arent
220-Moynihan, Tourtillott
285-Quick, Meeuwsen

Picked in order of finish  126-152 are going to see some close matches. I had some free time so decided to give my picks

138 is going to be Sanderfoot and Ward
I'm quite happy you were wrong. 🙂

bulldog

Emmitmac...congrats to Andrew on a great tournament. Well deserved to a hard working kid

SayHey42

Can anyone summarize the Quick Meeusen match? I expected Cully to out-cardio Max but track score makes me think Max went for a desparation throw at the end that put him on his back. Without those points a stalling call would have been the difference in the match.

Hungus

Quote from: SayHey42 on February 22, 2020, 08:58:12 PM
Can anyone summarize the Quick Meeusen match? I expected Cully to out-cardio Max but track score makes me think Max went for a desparation throw at the end that put him on his back. Without those points a stalling call would have been the difference in the match.

2-1 Quick with about 13 seconds left
Quick snatched a single, looked to me MM tried to lat Quick on one leg and Quick buried it, 5 point sequence at the end of the match.
Fun to watch
Hope to see a rematch Saturday night!
You're killing me Smalls!!!

emmitmac

Quote from: bulldog on February 22, 2020, 08:02:13 PM
Emmitmac...congrats to Andrew on a great tournament. Well deserved to a hard working kid
Thank you!