Started by TruckerCapAttack_1977, February 16, 2018, 08:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckerCapAttack_1977

I can and do cut my own hair,
I can fix my 18 wheeler,
I can build a cabin in the woods,
I know my way around the kitchen,
I sew all of my own flannel,
and of course I know how to prepare and train and mentally get tough!

I might not do it your way, I might not even do it right, but when I do it I am all in!

Ask me anything, I will tell you what I know.

You want to get tough?
You want to patch drywall?
You want to set goals?
Fix your car?
Shop for the best processed meats around?

Hey, I will tell you what I would do, just ask.......

Do you wanna see my PETERBUILT?!

imnofish

I've cut my own hair for years...    BOTH of them.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TruckerCapAttack_1977

While not a real question, I would suggest with only 2 hairs you should either get a flow-bee or put some nair on your dome so you can spend more time training and getting your mental toughness elevated.

imnofish

I use an old clam shell I found down by the Fox River.  It's cheaper than those other options you mentioned and it toughens up my scalp better.  When it comes to elevating my mental toughness, bridging on top of a bloody scab ranks right up there...    especially when done on a mat of sand paper, steel wool, or hot coals. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

TruckerCapAttack_1977

I never keep anything I can't find at least 3 uses for.  That's why mental toughness is paramount.  I would challenge your mental toughness by camping by that river with only that clam shell, that hunk of steel wool, and the cloths on your back.

5 uses for the clam shell:
A. To shave with
B. Collect rain water in
C. Boil river water in for safe drinking
D. Throw at a bird for a quick meal
E. Use the shinny inside to reflect the sun for signaling a rescue party.

3 uses for the steel wool:
A. Filter particulates out of water
B. Use as fire tinder, even a spark from a flint shard will light steel wool
C. Use it to scrub the ringworm off of your arm

bigG

TCA77! Man, it's been too long.

I have a query sort of opposite what you offer. How might I grow some hair if I'm a bit lacking on top?

I've eaten plenty of onions, no luck, 'cept my chest is now bushy. Please help!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TruckerCapAttack_1977

Quote from: CObadgerfan on February 17, 2018, 08:25:16 AM
TCA, I don't post alot but a huge fan of yours over the years and you're obviously the most respected guy on here. Anyway I'm looking for advice.

Your post inspired me to rip the seats out of my minivan this morning and grab my Sam's card. Wanted all the room I could for spam and ankle weights. I threw the van seats over the fence 10 times each. Next I went and loaded my van with Mt. Dew and Spam.
I drove out to the base of Pikes peak and lined my 1988 wrestling shoes and singlet with cholla cactus. I'm warming up now and have somewhat of a rootine in mind but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks TCA!

First thing I would do is climb over that fence and retrieve those seats.....they are probably the only thing about a minivan worth anything at all. I would put those minivan seats in my front yard for when folks come over they have somewhere to sit.

Next, get a 4x4 truck.  Preferably a 1980's Chevy 1500 long box....
You will need the 4x4 to reach the best places to physically challenge yourself.  I drive my truck until I run into terrain that is totally impassable with my Ford F-teen-thousand.  Then I do wind sprints through the roughest, most tangled, muddy, briar patch you ever seen.  Also a great place to train stand ups because when you are in a briar patch, you don't want to spend a single second in referees position!

If you take that minivan as far as you can before you run into impassable terrain you will probably end up in a snow drift in a Walmart parking lot.  Then you will have a brisk walk of shame to the pay phone to call a buddy to pull you out. 

I like the cacti idea, a little extra motivation.  I prefer to tackle a porcupine though as their quills have barbs and are much harder to get out.  Everything I do is elevated just a bit to give me the training edge.

Also, anytime I run up a mountain, I run in concentric circles around the mountain in a spiral pattern rather than run straight up it.  I stop every two laps a rehydrate with a Mountain Dew, I also keep my protein levels up with some beef jerky.

TruckerCapAttack_1977

Quote from: bigG on February 17, 2018, 02:52:52 PM
TCA77! Man, it's been too long.

I have a query sort of opposite what you offer. How might I grow some hair if I'm a bit lacking on top?

I've eaten plenty of onions, no luck, 'cept my chest is now bushy. Please help!

Hey fella, go buy a heavy duty flannel shirt, a good pair of work boots, and grow big beard.  Once you have the great beard you can shave your head bald.  Everyone will admire your beard and your shaved head will only add to your tough quotient.

No hair....no problem.....embrace the beard!

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: TruckerCapAttack_1977 on February 16, 2018, 11:07:14 PM
I never keep anything I can't find at least 3 uses for.  That's why mental toughness is paramount.  I would challenge your mental toughness by camping by that river with only that clam shell, that hunk of steel wool, and the cloths on your back.

5 uses for the clam shell:
A. To shave with
B. Collect rain water in
C. Boil river water in for safe drinking
D. Throw at a bird for a quick meal
E. Use the shinny inside to reflect the sun for signaling a rescue party.

3 uses for the steel wool:
A. Filter particulates out of water
B. Use as fire tinder, even a spark from a flint shard will light steel wool
C. Use it to scrub the ringworm off of your arm

Thanks for the great ideas!  I think I can also use the shell and steel wool for my dental hygiene regimen. 

littleguy301

great tips and advice for sure!!!!

also, most important to make sure that clam has found another home before using his shell. they get alittle hyper when they are still in the shell ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 18, 2018, 10:31:00 AM
great tips and advice for sure!!!!

also, most important to make sure that clam has found another home before using his shell. they get alittle hyper when they are still in the shell ;D

It already found a home...   in my belly!   ;D

joeski

TCA, got home last night around midnight. The Misses said the furnace had been acting up. Not that I need the furnace, but the 5 year old is a true girl. Toke out the flame sensor and cleaned it with a skin laden piece of steel wool. Boom. House is warm again, sorry, no need for duct tape this time, didn't burn myself.

TruckerCapAttack_1977

Quote from: joeski on February 18, 2018, 06:58:00 PM
TCA, got home last night around midnight. The Misses said the furnace had been acting up. Not that I need the furnace, but the 5 year old is a true girl. Toke out the flame sensor and cleaned it with a skin laden piece of steel wool. Boom. House is warm again, sorry, no need for duct tape this time, didn't burn myself.

Carbon build-up on a flame sensor can make you madder than Janet Reno's blind date. 

Some good triple 000 steel wool will do the trick.  Sometimes I just put on an extra small flannel shirt and flex my lats and blow up the shirt resulting in an ultrasonic boom that blows the carbon right out of my furnace. 

Speaking of lats....I just did a punishing lat workout today.  I went to Walmart and bought 4 cases of dinty Moore beef stew.  I put all of the cans in plastic shopping bags.  I raised the bags from my side to neck level for the entire walk home. Approximately 200 reps.  I had to turn sideways to get through the door when I got home. 

Let's get back to your furnace repair.  Hey, I don't pay anyone else for anything that I can do myself.  With YouTube and a little common sense you can fix most things. 

YouTube is easy, it is right on the internet machine at my kitchen table.  Common sense is something else all together.

I have a quick test to see if you have any common sense....answer these questions

1.  Why don't you ever see elephants hiding in trees?

2.  What did the farmer say when he lost his tractor?

3. Why can't you trust an atom?

Scoring Rubric:

3 for 3: you can fix a furnace

2 for 3: you can help you buddy fix a furnace

1 for 3: you might be able to find a good repairman in the yellow pages, but you will probably get a paper cut.

0 for 3: You probably have a question for me....."What's a furnace?"

Answers:
1. Because they are really good at it.
2. Where's my tractor?
3. Because they make up literally everything.

RedDawn1966

So back when i was in training you were required to have hair buzzed but it didnt have to be shaved.  Me and my guys we shaved it all because it would save time for hair cuts time that could be used for other things of course.  Common sense is lacking nowdays.