All Time high attendance session 5

Started by MarkK, February 27, 2016, 09:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkK

13,966 in attendance at the tournament today.  An all time high.   I thought some of the balcony looked like it had empty seats.    I guess there were a few.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

woody53

That was just tonight. Not todays both sessions.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

CLC FAN

I guess televising the finals live didn't affect attendance like some people feared it would.

wraslfan

While I appreciate televising the finals live, there is nothing like the atmosphere in the Kohl Center for the finals. I would not stay home to watch it on TV if I can be there. I am glad to see that the attendance did not suffer.

woody53

The State Journal has the three day attendance at 39,496. that is wrong. We had that after Friday night. Haven't seen Saturday afternoon's total, but with Saturday night, we will be well over 60,000.

imnofish

Woody, how does that compare to the typical attendance at the Boys Basketball State Tournament?
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

woody53

Quote from: imnofish on February 28, 2016, 10:25:29 PM
Woody, how does that compare to the typical attendance at the Boys Basketball State Tournament?
I don't know. That would mean I would have to look at the State Basketball Tournament. ;)

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: imnofish on February 28, 2016, 10:25:29 PM

This year five of the seven sessions at the boys tournament drew over 10,000 and a few over 11,000," Anderson said.

woody53

I believe Ivan is right. Now that the Basketball Tournament has 7 sessions, they have overtaken us in total attendance.

Barou

Quote from: woody53 on February 29, 2016, 05:41:24 AM
I believe Ivan is right. Now that the Basketball Tournament has 7 sessions, they have overtaken us in total attendance.

So I can no longer make the claim that we are the highest attended state tournament?  Dang it.  I've been bragging about that for years.
JHI Mafia

Ghetto

Time to add another session. Problem solved.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Jimmy

If you add in attendance figures from team state what is he total?

neutral

... but 60,000 over 5 sessions should result in close to the same profitability as (say) 70,000 over 7 sessions. It's gotta cost close to the same to open the doors for 8,000-10,000 as it does for 12,000 - so b-ball may produce (some) more profit dollars ... but I'd bet wrestling produces better profit margin.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

imnofish

Quote from: neutral on February 29, 2016, 09:56:26 AM

... but 60,000 over 5 sessions should result in close to the same profitability as (say) 70,000 over 7 sessions. It's gotta cost close to the same to open the doors for 8,000-10,000 as it does for 12,000 - so b-ball may produce (some) more profit dollars ... but I'd bet wrestling produces better profit margin.

What's important is that we are in the same ball park, which is pretty amazing considering the fact that we are not considered to be a mainstream sport; while basketball is worshiped and constantly promoted by the corporate media.  Just shows how appealing wrestling actually is, once people learn the truth about it.  We have no real professional equivalent, like basketball, football, and soccer do; yet we have withstood the test of time and continue to grow.  8)  Wrestling is one of our world's two oldest organized sports (along with track and field).  There are even Biblical references to it.  Those who get to know it, come to love it and their loyalty is unparalleled.  Look at all the wrestling fans who follow the state tournament series, despite never having wrestled or not even having a current participant in their families. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Quack

Here is a funny one for you guys. I was on Facebook and there was an article that stated the Lake Mills Community is fully backing their boys basketball team. Since they are ranked 2nd in D3 and just won conference for the first time in something like 30 years.....I have a son in the high school and didnt even know this conference thing was a big deal for them and sure as heck didnt even know they were that good...lol I guess the whole community isnt backing them...
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock