Hortonville at Rick Lee Duals

Started by Grappler, January 08, 2016, 10:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grappler

Hortonville is in Bemijdi, MN at a pretty tough dual tournament today and tommorow. Will wrestle a tough Moorhead team first and have a dual with #3rd Ranked AAA team Farmington this afternoon.. Nationally Ranked Kenyon Wanamingo is there as well.. I would expect the Polar Bears to represent well for Wisconsin this weekend.

statman

this is a great duel tourny. solid teams throughout. hoping hortonville does good so i can keep my head high out here about the quality of wrestling in wisconsin. i catch a lot of garbage for being a Minnesota coach who is from wisconsin out here.
they don't call me statman for nothin

Armdrag

Hortonville over Moorhead, MN (honorable mention AAA) 48-22
Hortonville over Thief River Falls 69-11
Hortonville over Farmington (#3 ranked AAA) 64-9

statman

it is my understanding farmington is missing about 6 starters with skin condition.

Armdrag

From my count it was 3 out with skin I heard.... one or two others were there and wrestled the first 2 duals, were not injuries just did not wrestle Hortonville???? Perhaps when match was out of reach? Just speculating....for sure they would have stomted Hortonville easily had they had those 3 kids!!!!

Armdrag

Hortonville over Perham,MN #8 ranked big school 37-24 in round one this AM

statman

Relax armdrag... Hortonville must just b that good that they would destroy the number 3 ranked team in MN. There is no way they could've beaten Hortonville even if they had apple valleys lineup.  All hail hortonville. In all reality the duel would've been much more interesting if Farmington had their full lineup. But u can interpret it however u want.

statman

And sitting kids out for matches in MN is very common because they get too high on their match count. In MN you r only allowed a certain amount of matches before the section tournament

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Armdrag

Whoa statman we are in agreement!!! If Farmington has those 3 and does not need to sit kids for match count they would have won.... Not sure why you are jumping all over my post???

statman

i never said they would have won. i said it would have been more interesting. but you go ahead and believe hortonville is that good to be able to beat the the number 4 ranked big school in Minnesota 64-9 without there being a couple kids out. not to mention i said in another post that i was cheering for hortonville. not sure what your deal is with me guy. you can interpret my posts however you want. no need to get offended.

Armdrag

Statman I don't get it? I agree with you!!! I am not offended and I have no deal with you.... Put Farmington at full strength and they beat Hortonville .... Unless I am missing  something we are in agreement!

ElectricGuy

Is MN smallest division as deep or better than our D1?

I saw Hortonville lost to Frazee#3  38-27 and Kenyon-Wanamingo#2 34-21 of MN smallest division Saturday which surprised me.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Jimmy

statman

With Jr high inclusion and school choice being so big out here you end up with a bunch of super teams. In MN the difference between the number one team and the number ten team is much more significant than it is in Wisconsin.