WI INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS Update: #6 (1-22-2014)

Started by TomM, January 15, 2014, 09:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Wisconsin Wrestling Onlne INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS #6 (1-22-2014)
http://www.wiwrestling.com/rank/individual.htm
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Houndhead

Trenton McManus, Adams Friendship wrestled at 106 this weekend. Devin Lemanski, Edgar wrestled at 145. Ronny Ponick, Stanley Boyd wrestled at 160.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Vinsanity 4

I was surprised to see McManus jump ahead of Bernhardt at 106 D2. Is McManus undefeated too? This would b a great match!

boowrestle

Mcmanus took 5th at bi state so he has  at least 2 losses.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Jasper2

I think I saw Kolasinski for Mukwonago down to 152 verse Verona last week

copper63

Cole Martin from Lancaster listed as No. 1 at 132 lbs in D3, I was wondering if I missed something, I can't find any tournaments that Lancaster was at that Cole wrestled. I checked Bi-state, the Lancaster Invite, Tomah scramble, Holmen duals. The only reason I checked was of a comment about Cole being undefeated this year but I didn't recall seeing him at Bi-state. Don't get me wrong I know Cole is a very good wrestler, I'm just questioning how you come from not even being an HM in the rankings to the No. 1 spot. if you haven't wrestled any tournaments with your team how can you boast about being undefeated.

MAGMA

Houndhead

Quote from: copper63 on January 23, 2014, 03:08:59 PM
Cole Martin from Lancaster listed as No. 1 at 132 lbs in D3, I was wondering if I missed something, I can't find any tournaments that Lancaster was at that Cole wrestled. I checked Bi-state, the Lancaster Invite, Tomah scramble, Holmen duals. The only reason I checked was of a comment about Cole being undefeated this year but I didn't recall seeing him at Bi-state. Don't get me wrong I know Cole is a very good wrestler, I'm just questioning how you come from not even being an HM in the rankings to the No. 1 spot. if you haven't wrestled any tournaments with your team how can you boast about being undefeated.

I don't think Cole was boasting about being undefeated, it was an anonymous poster on a wrestling forum.

copper63

Quote from: Houndhead on January 23, 2014, 03:55:50 PM

I don't think Cole was boasting about being undefeated, it was an anonymous poster on a wrestling forum.
I didn't mean to imply that Cole was boasting, this was simply a case of being curious about an undefeated wrestlers record and noticing he was ranked no.1, I didn't see him at Bi-State so I thought I would see who he had beaten in other tournaments but found he hadn't wrestled with his team at any of the listed tournaments according to Trackwrestling, was just trying to find out if this information was correct and if it is correct why would someone want him listed as undefeated and how do you get a no. 1 ranking

justaclone22

He is ranked #1 because it is the belief of the rankings committee that he is the best wrestler at that weight class. It is simply a matter of opinion. I am sure that everyone would love it if you came up with your own rankings of all weight classes in all three divisions so we could discuss why you decided to put someone #1 instead of someone else. On that note, thank you ranking committee members, it is fun to read and discuss.

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: copper63 on January 23, 2014, 05:22:25 PM

I didn't mean to imply that Cole was boasting, this was simply a case of being curious about an undefeated wrestlers record and noticing he was ranked no.1, I didn't see him at Bi-State so I thought I would see who he had beaten in other tournaments but found he hadn't wrestled with his team at any of the listed tournaments according to Trackwrestling, was just trying to find out if this information was correct and if it is correct why would someone want him listed as undefeated and how do you get a no. 1 ranking
Check WIAA Individual State from 2013 on Trackwtestling for one reason he may be ranked #1.

boowrestle

Cole is a returning state champion that has just returned from a serious injury,now that he is back both myself and ranking system thinks he should be #1 until somebody beats him.
you can run but you cannot hide.

imnofish

Quote from: copper63 on January 23, 2014, 05:22:25 PM

Wow, your fingers probably had to stop and take a couple of deep breaths after that...   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

copper63

Quote from: boowrestle on January 23, 2014, 07:41:56 PM
Cole is a returning state champion that has just returned from a serious injury,now that he is back both myself and ranking system thinks he should be #1 until somebody beats him.
Glad to hear he is back, enjoyed watching him wrestle, After not seeing him this year I just assumed he had moved out of state otherwise if he was still wrestling in Wisconsin he would be ranked, had no idea he was injured, when I saw him listed at no.1 I thought that must be a mistake because he's not wrestling. I'm sure we'll see him back at state, I agree with the no.1 ranking