current badger north/south ranked wrestlers

Started by boowrestle, December 21, 2014, 11:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boowrestle

Just went thru the current rankings and the Badger North/South conference  has 37 ranked wrestlers and 6 of them are currently ranked in top 6.Very impressive,I expect quite a few state qualifiers/placewinners to once again come out of arguably one of if not the toughest conferences around. :)
you can run but you cannot hide.

ElectricGuy

crickets!  :-X   Nobody is wanting to say anything this year. 

I wonder if next week it will get a bit more lively in the days proceeding??

???
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

WrestleIt

Any wagers on the Stoughton vs Milton matchup next week?  Both teams have quite a few ranked athletes (Stoughton 10, Milton 8,) and historically strong programs.  Milton beat Stoughton in their first matchup last year, and then again for the Badger South conference title, but Stoughton won the team sectional matchup after that.  Too bad one of these teams, some of the best this year in the state, will get knocked off in the sectional.  Sectional B and E account for over half of the top ranked DI teams this year...

standup

Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 09, 2015, 11:48:59 AM
crickets!  :-X   Nobody is wanting to say anything this year. 

I wonder if next week it will get a bit more lively in the days proceeding??

???

ElectricGuy: I know an exterminator if you have crickets and with the projected warm up next week, they will get more lively :)

boowrestle

Stoughton in a close dual/single digit margin of victory

miltonfan#1

Milton vs stoughton will come down to who doesnt get pinned.. ill take my bad boys from milton by 6

I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

ElectricGuy

Hey Miltonfan, I was hoping you would give us more than that to debate about, how about another prediction weight by weight like last years below?

Quote from: miltonfan#1 on February 17, 2014, 10:13:40 PM
Quote from: miltonfan#1 on February 17, 2014, 10:10:38 PM
cant see milton losing tomorrow night... but ya never know anything can happen
both teams wrestling very well....

Milton 36  stoughton 30
106 milton-3
113 milton-5
120 sto-6
126 sto-6
132 milton-3
138 milton-6
145 sto-6
152 milton-3
160 milton-4
170 milton-6
182 sto-3??? toss up
195 sto-3??? toss up
220 sto-6
285 milton-6
195 ill give milton 3 so 39-27

miltonfan#1

No problem.. even tho both teams will move guys around ill take a crack at it....
106-shea dec klien
113-jenny pin harms
120-garett dec louis
126-hasselberger dec shea
132- model pin woods
138-kraus dec chesmore
145-dow dec gohlke
152-prochaskka dec helland
160-pitzner pinreilly
170-mccarthy dec helland
182-wielman pin groleau
195-benton pin maxwell
220-chesmore dec nelson
285-nelson pin hohol?

Milton 33-27

This will be a great meet between two of the top teams in the state... The pit will be full and rowdy
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

boowrestle

Pretty good predictions but i see 1 and maybe 2 matches going the other way which would swing the dual in stoughtons way.

ElectricGuy

I think with both lineups being flexible (ability to wrestle up with success) it really could come down to a starting weight and who has to show first.

My prediction is that the match-ups listed above (normal lineup) -  will have at least 4-5 shuffles for match-ups and those match-ups could be again drastically different if we face off again in Feb at team sectionals. 

Then the other question - how much do you show your cards - move guys around to get perceived better match-ups or do you hold those cards until Feb and wrestle it straight up?

The part that isn't probably talked about much with both these teams - is depth - they both have good depth in some areas (guys at jv level that could fit into the strategy and make an impact) Heck, probably have maybe close to 40-50 jv guys between the two teams.  Which is unheard of these days.

Great kids on both sides / many have been friends and training partners over the years. 

Fun chess game Thurs

ScreamingNorwegian

Would anyone happen to have the record of wins/losses between these two teams? I would be interested to see how the history. They used to have some pretty close match ups in sectionals and now being in the same conference they haven't gotten any easier.

WrestleIt

Milton#1Fan, you were close!  Great match tonight for all who saw it. Shout out to the kids who did the live stream from the school's Red Hawk Media webpage.

miltonfan#1

How bout my boys from milton.. they kicked some butt tonight.. great match.. how about that woods boy at 132 he made some noise tonight

ElectricGuy

Milton wrestled great and their coaches won the chess game - congrats