Started by TomM, March 01, 2020, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Quack

Just curious, I see that the flier states that they are using the WIAA High School rules but then say a hair net is required? With the change in the rules for hair this year, what will be enforced at this tourney?
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

Johnnyflash

That's odd that the flier reads that way.  The one I was emailed just mentions "hair control device"

"The WWF will be
enforcing the WIAA rules. Female wrestlers must meet skin/hair/nail standards. The WIAA no
longer requires hair bonnets. A legal hair-controlled device such as a rubber band shall be
secured so as not to come out readily
. The use of protective headgear of a type required for
scholastic wrestling is required."

So I'm wondering which one it is for sure as well.

Quack

Yep, this is taken from the flier

WEIGH-INS : 9-9:30 A.M. Wrestling begins at 10 A.M. Please note March 8th is daylight savings time. Wrestlers must wear a singlet during weigh-ins. Wrestlers must wear a female-cut singlet OR wear an approved undergarment under their singlet. The WWF will be enforcing the WIAA rules. Female wrestlers must meet skin/hair/nail standards. If a wrestler's hair is too long; a hair bonnet is required. The WIAA mouth guard rule will be enforced for wrestlers with braces. The use of protective headgear of a type required for scholastic wrestling is required.

Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock