WWF Fargo Team Registration

Started by kluevercoach, June 13, 2016, 09:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kluevercoach

The site is open to register to be part of the WWF Fargo Team. The deadline to register is June 19th. Use this link to register https://www.wiwrestlingfederation.sites.teamsnap.com for the team.

kluevercoach

3 days left to register for the WWF Cadet and Junior Fargo team. Check on the WWF website under Cadet or Junior to register.

billymurphy

The junior national freestyle duals are over.  Minnesota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Iowa, New Jersey, Illinois and Michigan sent some fantastic teams to the event.
I find it shocking that there could be anybody in the state of Wisconsin that could tell me that Wisconsin is better off by not sending
a team to the very best dual meet tournament this country provides. A wrestler that does well at this tournament is going to get
scholarship offers.  Wisconsin has sent some great teams in the past, but now does not even field a team.  Raise the money
and send a competitive team.   Barry used to avoid sending UW Wisconsin to the national duals because his teams
were so weak, but has reversed that stance now that his teams are more competitive.    Avoiding competition is not the answer and the results in
Fargo will continue to suffer from being afraid to compete.  The leadership in Wisconsin needs to find somebody willing to get Wisconsin back up on the horse.

bigoil

How can entering one tournament improve your performance that drastically in your opinion?

billymurphy

I take it you have not been to that tournament. Guys like Dieringer that went both Greco and Freestyle
got around 16 matches against the best competition in the country over a 4 day period.   

bman

I know this topic has been discussed a lot.  The National Duals are a great experience.  The draw back is, the dual team would include at most 20-23 kids (State Freestyle and Greco State Champions with a few runners-up included).  By not doing the duals, the WWF is able to allocate resources for the training camps and they are able to reach and provide opportunities for 100 kids.  Also, many kids after wrestling the duals decide they are done and are not going to go to Fargo due to the expense, and most of all the physical and mental drain the duals can have.  Sure, there are a kids that would benefit from the duals, but the WWF probably feels more training opportunities for more kids, brings a greater benefit to the advancement of wrestling in Wisconsin. 

billymurphy

Let's look at the results of Wisconsin in Junior freestyle in Fargo this year and we can then discuss
how these kids are benefiting by missing the best competition in the country. 

bigoil

Quote from: billymurphy on June 29, 2016, 03:56:54 PM
Let's look at the results of Wisconsin in Junior freestyle in Fargo this year and we can then discuss

At one tournament, correct? Are there additional national opportunities?

mike

Quote from: bigoil on June 29, 2016, 04:25:49 PM

There are so many opportunities to wrestle the best in the country without attending the national duals.  Since highschool season ended my son has I'd say 10 - 15 matches vs nationally ranked kids.  Flonats in PA, journey man in NY, Northen plains in MN and UWW in Akron...now he just got home from banging heads with the best in Wisconsin for 4 days....I can guarantee  he will be ready for Fargo with the combination of tournaments  he went to and the WWF camps he attended along with his daily training....and if he's not ready I certainly won't blame it on not being at the national duals....thank you WWF coaches for helping prepare my son! You guys do great work!

bigoil

Quote from: mike on June 29, 2016, 08:35:35 PM

There are so many opportunities to wrestle the best in the country without attending the national duals.  Since highschool season ended my son has I'd say 10 - 15 matches vs nationally ranked kids.  Flonats in PA, journey man in NY, Northen plains in MN and UWW in Akron...now he just got home from banging heads with the best in Wisconsin for 4 days....I can guarantee  he will be ready for Fargo with the combination of tournaments  he went to and the WWF camps he attended along with his daily training....and if he's not ready I certainly won't blame it on not being at the national duals....thank you WWF coaches for helping prepare my son! You guys do great work!

+1000

aarons23

Quote from: bigoil on June 29, 2016, 10:33:58 PM
Quote from: mike on June 29, 2016, 08:35:35 PM

+1000

I dont think the question is about what someone with means can do do to get their kid opportunities....its what the wwf should be doing to get the kids of Wisconsin ready.  Being Wisconsin has fallen behind the other states getting our kids recruited, It would be foolish to not look at the suscessful states and see what they are doing......they are all doing the duals.....
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

billymurphy

But in your example, it would have been much more expensive to travel to PA and NY to get the
competition than for your son to compete in Oklahoma City under the name of Team Wisconsin.
However, if the Wisconsin wrestlers perform as well as they have in the past at Fargo, then
your argument is valid.  I know Breske has dominated for team Wisconsin with a few points
from Marko Hunter so Wisconsin has done OK, but I have not seen an improvement in the results
since the decision to not send WI to the national duals.