NCAA Cancels Division III Championships

Started by crossface21, February 03, 2021, 06:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

Asst. Coach

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule.

Ghetto

At what point do we say Forget this and just do it?

Why is wrestling participation at a 70% threshold while most are at 60%? Our championships are individual. It doesn't matter how many schools have their programs going.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

that is great news, hope that USA Wrestling pulls it off.

crossface21

I think it's garbage that the NCAA cancelled the tournament. Right now D3 has 61 teams still competing. Guess how many teams D2 has? My count was 62. They haven't been cancelled. And maybe someone can correct me, but D2 wasn't even close to this many teams just 10 years ago, but they still had a D2 championship.  Who cares on the % threshold of teams competing. Let 'em wrestle. inappropriate term3, have every team bring a kid for each weight class. 64 man bracket:)

I think it's fantastic that USA Wrestling is trying to step up. Would this in any way affect future eligibility of the wrestlers?

Ghetto

Love that USA Wrestling is jumping out there and talking about making something happen.

It's a slippery slope however. Let's hope the NCAA pulls their heads from their collective behind.

Can it still be in LaCrosse? That's the next question.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ChargerDad

Rumor is that NWCA is also running a tournament, and supposedly their tournament will be the one that awards the traditional All American awards which would make sense.