Whitefish bay vs port

Started by aarons23, January 28, 2014, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTD

Thanks for the recap Ghetto. Two quality wrestlers for sure.

MDaly

Quote from: Ghetto on February 05, 2014, 10:57:03 PM
What? We did that match just for you!!!  ;D

Miguel got the first takedown. Zach countered with near side cradle for 5, then it all got fuzzy...  ;D

Zach did a nice job on top and we couldn't get away in the second period. I thought that was a turning point. Miguel gets away from everyone.

Zach chose down to start. Miguel let him up, took him down, let him up again, took him down again. Zach almost hit a throw on the edge. Miguel had 25 seconds to take him down at the end and couldn't.

Lots of fun. Great to see where Miguel is against a good kid.

Didn't look like he wanted to get away in the 2nd and was determined to get the reversal instead. That was a great match. I only get to see them once or twice a year but how much better Miguel gets year-to-year is amazing.

jojowiththaflow

Quote from: go figure on January 29, 2014, 07:13:41 PM
Is Fleischman still wrestling for Port? I saw he took a forfeit win at the Cedarburg duel and have not seen his name in Port's line-up since.

He is not on the roster anymore

Ghetto

Quote from: MDaly on February 06, 2014, 08:05:07 AM

Miguel got the first takedown. Zach countered with near side cradle for 5, then it all got fuzzy...  ;D

Zach did a nice job on top and we couldn't get away in the second period. I thought that was a turning point. Miguel gets away from everyone.

Zach chose down to start. Miguel let him up, took him down, let him up again, took him down again. Zach almost hit a throw on the edge. Miguel had 25 seconds to take him down at the end and couldn't.

Didn't look like he wanted to get away in the 2nd and was determined to get the reversal instead. That was a great match. I only get to see them once or twice a year but how much better Miguel gets year-to-year is amazing.

Our strategy almost every time is one and two. A reversal is almost like leaving points on the table for Miguel. To Zach's credit, he is powerful enough and athletic enough to stop the first move. Most kids have not been able to do that for an entire period. In fact, I don't think he has been ridden out by anyone for an entire period all season.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Sombreroman

Quote from: Ghetto on February 06, 2014, 11:43:22 AM
Quote from: MDaly on February 06, 2014, 08:05:07 AM

Our strategy almost every time is one and two. A reversal is almost like leaving points on the table for Miguel. To Zach's credit, he is powerful enough and athletic enough to stop the first move. Most kids have not been able to do that for an entire period. In fact, I don't think he has been ridden out by anyone for an entire period all season.
Man that must have been exciting. Getting hit for five and still making it a close match. Hope a rematch is on its way!
can you cross face in the ear?