Packer Game Food

Started by Kjohnson, December 28, 2013, 12:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

going to grill out at halftime, burgers (with all the fixing) Brats, roasted potatoes

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

Quote from: Kjohnson on December 28, 2013, 12:23:45 PM
going to grill out at halftime, burgers (with all the fixing) Brats, roasted potatoes

Who could ask for anything more? Make sure you got the game on by the grill and the people will come. :D

Whenever I start cooking and have the game on, people will gather, and get in my way. Generally men attracted to the smell of meat.

I just made homemade mac n cheese with braised broccoli in it with chicken breasts fried in bacon fat on caste iron (sliced after rested). Orange slices and some garlic toast on the side. My daughter and her friends met some boys while sledding; they're over here right now. Shoulda made menudo!! ;)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Kjohnson

I'm going to prep as much as possible before the game. The DVR will allow me to pause the game for a few minutes and I don't have to worry about the score in real time.  It's been a while since I grilled burgers and having all the fixings. I bought 2 different kinds of buns and the smell of brats is heaven in December

bigG

I always keep the radio on in the kitchen. Then, because it's ahead of time, we hear a great play then relive it , running to the living room, to see it. Good stuff.

I just made a thick stew with pork sirloin, fresh bread for suppin' and we should be good. Best muenster cheese on earth, summer sausage and crackers, and a Packer WIN, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

DrSnide

Already have the rub on the Country Style Pork ribs (non-Kosher squirrel)

Also making BBQ Chicken Legs and Buffalo Wings since I am hosting my college aged son and his friend for the game

Also have the fry daddy out to deep fry some crappie tomorrow before the game.

Making a hibernation beef roast in the slow cooker right now and will have some left overs available also.

My wife is a vegetarian - she's on her own.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

I think having that deep fryer makes a difference over a shallower frying vessel. Love bluegill/crappie/perch/walleye in the fryer. I'm just making chicken and ribs. ($2.74/lb today for babybacks) Little spicy rice with steamed cabbage.  :)

DrSnide

Quote from: bigG on January 04, 2014, 03:51:21 PM
I think having that deep fryer makes a difference over a shallower frying vessel. Love bluegill/crappie/perch/walleye in the fryer. I'm just making chicken and ribs. ($2.74/lb today for babybacks) Little spicy rice with steamed cabbage.  :)

We have a bunch of fresh crappie/gills/perch from being on the ice this week - Christmas break was pretty productive for one of my kids.  My son has some squirrel in the freezer we were going to thaw out and grill but it's going to be too cold for that.  

Squirrel! Squirrel!
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

TomM

hmmm.... macaroni and cheese!
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

"back in the hiiiiigh liiiiiiife, agaaaaaaaain!"

Live it up, baby!

Kjohnson

slow cooker small turkey, just the wife & I. Boys going to the game (Christmas gift)

bigG

Jug o gin, mustard and crackers. Okay, maybe not. :D

Houndhead

bigG

Those always hit the spot. I could eat 100 of 'em.