Birthday Meal

Started by Kjohnson, October 13, 2013, 05:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

Boys and girlfriends coming over for the Packer Game. Youngest turned 20 last Wednesday so he gets to pick the meal. Oldest wanted steaks on his BDay, youngest asked for Soft shell tacos.  I bought both hard and soft shells also Doritos for walking Tacos if anyone wants them. As in my Badger post, mild tacos in this house, I'm such a wimp when it comes to spicy/hot foods.

I'm pretty basic when it comes to tacos. I will prepare the meat ahead of time and keep it warm in the slow cooker.

bigG

Being a former Spanish teacher, I give our version of tacos a lot of grief. Pssn 'n moanin' forever about them. So, I'm at a wrestling tourney with my JV and all they have to eat are walking tacos. My kids snickered as I walked up to the table. Those are one of my favorite things. Just dumpin' taco meat into the frito bag. I tore it up. Never too old to learn, and you learn sumfin' new everyday. Like today, I learned it's spelled "something."

I'm just making burgers and fries at halftime with some (seeded) watermelon. I love watermelon.

Hope you guys haven't been letting the great wild mushrooms go to waste lately. The wild variety of the kind most buy in stores are everywhere (agaricus autumnalis). Great for any mushroom application (save for stoner appeal.)

If you buy mushrooms from the store, wash them off over a pot and save the water. Chuck it in the yard and next year they'll be popping. My best yard year yielded +/- 50 lbs. I'm up to about 15 lbs. this year. Dry and pulverize and they make the best thickener for stews, pasta sauces and gravies.

Go Pack!!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

You make me tired with all that cooking talk. If aint in a box I can't do it. Minus the grill.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bkraus

Quote from: Ghetto on October 13, 2013, 11:12:41 AM
You make me tired with all that cooking talk. If aint in a box I can't do it. Minus the grill.

Or a drive thru!  ;)
Strive for Perfection