Heat n Serve

Started by Kjohnson, September 16, 2013, 04:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjohnson

bigG

If you have a crock pot, or just a pot aluminum foil you can make this the night before. Yeah, it's 15-20 minutes prep; but so cheap. When you consider the weight, so much is liquid. I can get 2 lbs of the actual beef for $6. Jar of pepperoncini $1.15, onions, I green bell and garlic, maybe another $1.00. Buns are the biggest expense, but i can buy the day olds from Walmart (bonuelo buns) for $1.15 for six. Get two of those. So, for about ten bucks, I can feed ten people.

I'm not saying i never eat anything thing "heat and eat". I'm just cheap.

One thing I like from childhood (and still like today) is the crappy Banquet chicken parmigiana meals from. Probably akes a year off my life everytime I have some; but it takes me back to when mom rarely made anything "quick and easy" like that.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

I agree with G fresh is sooooo much better for you and is far less expensive to boot.

I have been really watching my meals and my diet i eat allot of protein (fresh and low fat) but prepared fresh or vacuum sealed meals pre-made from fresh and the from last April I have lost 35 lbs and and am just feeling great. Italian beef is one of the easiest meals to make and crock pot makes prep so easy. For example Pot roast lots of carrots, good lean beef and lots garlic and onions throw it in the crock pot with Liptons Onions soup mix and wella you have great meals for days.

Three things that really make cooking easy is this; crock pot-fresh food- vacuum sealer.

TomM

You guys are making me hungry...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ramjet

Crock Pot beef roast was wonderful.

Total cost $14.00

Fresh garlic
Carrots
Beef roast on sale
One packet of Onion herb and Garlic soup.
One large sweet onion
One package of fresh mushrooms on sale.
Couple of dashes of Worcestershire.
Couple of dashes of season salt.
Pepper
Cooked 8 hours on low.

Cut it with a fork tender. Yum yum

bigG

Mmmmmmmm! I make a ghettofied version of that (cabbage and leftover meats) for lunch every week.

I feel bad for people relegated to Hot pockets and that kind of stuff.

Mushrooms and beef just love each other.

bkraus

Quote from: bigG on September 18, 2013, 06:08:07 AM
Mmmmmmmm! I make a ghettofied version of that (cabbage and leftover meats) for lunch every week.

I feel bad for people relegated to Hot pockets and that kind of stuff.

Mushrooms and beef just love each other.

That's why I always make a boat load for dinner every night, so I don't have to rely on frozen for lunch.  There's a girl who eats the same time as me everyday, and she makes gas station burritos daily.  YUCK!
Strive for Perfection

bigG

I never did like those frozen burritos. Take too much doctorin' to make 'em presentable.

I generally enjoy leftovers more than the original meal. Got roast beef braised with cabbage, carrots and celery today. Who could ask for anything more.