Regional starting times

Started by neutral, February 14, 2014, 01:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutral

I thought all regionals started at the same time ... in order to not allow last-minute weight class movement - but the "focus on Wrestling shows wrestling times for the regionals involving Milwaukee area teams at every 15 minutes from 9:30-10:30.

If it's just the release of information to the public that is standardized - I can't believe that with today's communication technolgies ... that the people that want inside info wouldn't be able to get it.

Anybody who can ... please clarify.  Thanks,
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

neutral

So what's to keep kids who weigh in @ 9:30 from knowing what kids who start bwrestling at 9:30 weighted in at?

There would have been coaches meetings prior to the start of wrestling ... & all kinds of opportunities for info to be "leaked".
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

crossface21

We haven't hosted in a couple years, but I thought a 9:30 weigh-in was not an option. I thought the WIAA put forth guidelines on what times you could have weigh-ins and what the start times can be to avoid something like that happening.

But now looking through the start times and weigh-in times, I see that some weigh-ins are at 9:30 and some wrestling starts at 11. So I guess I don't have a clue.