Double Stall?

Started by Coach N.Ryan, February 04, 2014, 11:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach N.Ryan

I feel like I have seen an increase in the double stall call this year in high school wrestling. Has anyone else noticed this?

Asst. Coach

Nope.  Most of the time it is warrented.
I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule.

imnofish

Seems about the same as usual, IMO.  Are you only watching heavyweight matches?
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Big House

I resemble that remark ...

I think that the double stall would be called less often if coaches would just yell at their kids more. 
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

kabrvi

Immediately after asking heavyweights to shake hands before the start of their match, a ref should call a "Double Stalling". ;D

imnofish

Hey, fat guys hugging for 2 minutes isn't necessarily stalling.  ;) (I resemble THAT statement.) 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

cooch

Quote from: Big House on February 04, 2014, 12:25:18 PM

I think that the double stall would be called less often if coaches would just yell at their kids more. 

+1
Be Unbeatable. Someone may score more points than you, but hold your head high, know you gave your all and go back to work.  That is being unbeatable.

Big House

... and stop picking on us fat kids!
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

neutral

Quote from: imnofish on February 04, 2014, 12:38:02 PM
Hey, fat guys hugging for 2 minutes isn't necessarily stalling.  ;) (I resemble THAT statement.) 

It also ain't purty.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

Big House

We're getting in position!

You make a mistake at a hundred pounds ... you just get back up and keep wrestling.  You make a mistake at three hundred pounds ... match over!  Momentum baby!

imnofish

Quote from: neutral on February 05, 2014, 08:24:25 AM
Quote from: imnofish on February 04, 2014, 12:38:02 PM

It also ain't purty.

Old fat guys trying to wrestle is the worst.

Jimmy

And I was just gonna go in to practice today. Thanks for saving me the embarrassment fish

imnofish

Quote from: Jimmy on February 05, 2014, 02:10:19 PM
And I was just gonna go in to practice today. Thanks for saving me the embarrassment fish

My pleasure.  Another helpful hint: I stay away from mirrors in general, but especially when attempting to wrestle. 

littleguy301

Quote from: cooch on February 05, 2014, 07:44:25 AM
Quote from: Big House on February 04, 2014, 12:25:18 PM

+1

Plus alot!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

RamJam45

IMO the double stall call is the worst call in all of wrestling due to the fact that it leaves the opportunity for a ref to decide a match. As someone that has had a good amount of success wrestling and have even talked to other refs that have been around a long time the call is pointless to make. Just whistle it dead and yell at the kids. Don't put yourself as a ref to call a match let the kids wrestle and decide the match so you as a ref don't have to deal with hostile people/coaches.