Copper certification question.

Started by shift, March 13, 2017, 01:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shift

Regionals are right around the corner so if someone could clarify for me.

I have passed the online copper certification and printed out the certificate stating i have completed the copper course, is that valid or do i actually need the card itself??
Thanks

bigoil

You need to make sure your background check is done. If that has been done then you will get an email that the test people notified USA and then go back to USA and check your status under coach, that took a coupl of days to change for me.  I believe the background check can take weeks so double check on that, it is valid for 2ish years.

Once your coaching status is changed to copper, print it out. Sounds like USA will send a card but NOT promptly.

shift

Thats where im getting confused,  my background check from last year is still valid through 8/31/17... 
So I dunno if anything else i need to really wait for other than the card itself? 

Thats2

Yes, print it out.  The cards take a while to be sent out.

Question:  Is the card needed for Regionals or just State (in Madison)?

bigoil

Quote from: Thats2 on March 13, 2017, 02:55:09 PM
Yes, print it out.  The cards take a while to be sent out.

Question:  Is the card needed for Regionals or just State (in Madison)?

The WWF website appears to say State but I'd bring it to Regionals too.

shift

Jeff Jones was kind enough to verify, so just passing it on so others on same page if had questions.
My background check was still valid, so all I needed to have is a current coach membership for 2017 and my printed copy of
the copper cert and i am set...

Thanks

ChargerDad

Verbiage from state web site from multiple pages including the state qualifier page..

"New for 2017. In order to be allowed mat side to coach at the WWF kids folkstyle state championships, one must be a current USA Wrestling coach member and a copper coaches certification or higher. This will be enforced and this includes all parents, club coaches, etc."

So.. does this apply to the State Qualifiers (formerly called regionals)?? It's plastered all over the state qualifier pages.. wondering if they consider this one "tournament series" now and have the requirement for the qualifiers too??

kneeslide

Quote from: ChargerDad on March 13, 2017, 06:24:10 PM
Verbiage from state web site from multiple pages including the state qualifier page..

"New for 2017. In order to be allowed mat side to coach at the WWF kids folkstyle state championships, one must be a current USA Wrestling coach member and a copper coaches certification or higher. This will be enforced and this includes all parents, club coaches, etc."

So.. does this apply to the State Qualifiers (formerly called regionals)?? It's plastered all over the state qualifier pages.. wondering if they consider this one "tournament series" now and have the requirement for the qualifiers too??

The coaches card and certification is not required to coach at the qualifiers.

littleguy301

Though bring that card to the quailfiers and maybe some one might get you in for free ;D That is my wish ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet