Middle Border Tournament History

Started by 3wrestle, February 06, 2016, 11:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3wrestle

Does anyone have the complete history of the conference or does can some one advise where to track this info down?

littleguy301

I remember that New Richmond had something in past years. I would figure that Ellsworth has some pretty good information.

At one time I had some history stuff but I think I need the last 10 years to it.

I am sure the AD at some of these schools have infomation. I would try Osceola, Ellsworth for starters on that. Why you ask, I think both AD are heavily involved with some of the history of the MBC wrestling ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

NWIS

the MBC had a person (statistician) that kept all records for all sports. 10 years ago the AD's decided to cut that position.

npope

I bet Dave Amdahl (former RF coach) has a good stash of old records (beginning in 1972 up until around 1985 when he left for Stevens Point). He was always good with hoarding data and information. Let me know if you need to contact him and I can locate his email address for you - he's retired up in Minnesota somewhere now.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

3wrestle

We are going to try to put together a program of the history and record of the middle border when we host next year. Considering the middle border has great tradition we would like to recognize that.... And pass along to next school who hosts and so on...
Any one know who that stat person was maybe they still have the records.
We will also make sure some form of medals are available that day😜

FinalWord

I was the statistician until 2004 and have record from 1961-62 until 2004. 2006 until present are all archived on Trackwrestling. Let me know if I can help. Walt Anderson
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

FinalWord

After checking my old computer I have the records from 1961-2006.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

3wrestle

Quote from: FinalWord on February 07, 2016, 06:51:46 PM
After checking my old computer I have the records from 1961-2006.

Walt, thanks I sent u a pm
Brooke

littleguy301

I knew the Word would come through for all of us.

Now if he can just make sure the kids get medals for placing at the MBC. Though I am sure Amery will not over look that aspect nor will be ration the food between the fans and the workers ;)

I will say next year at Amery, they more than likely will have some pretty good help at the concession area and I bet that lady serving the hot dogs will gladly take ALL complains with a smile ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet