littleguys outlook on the year

Started by littleguy301, December 01, 2015, 04:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Amery
could be the second best team in state but that is strictly just my opinion at this point
with 2 returning state champs in the lineup and one being a national ranked kid as a team your off to a pretty good start.
starting off the line up I would guess that amery will be putting out some underclassmen but trust me when I say this, they might not act like underclassmen with the wrestling they have already done. They should be loaded with some quite experienced wrestlers in the lower to middle weights which will be awesome for team points and winning duals.

Having Marko in the middle 38-45 maybe even 52 for certain duals (hint hint for Ellsworth) I think you have a monster anchor right there. Having Paulson is a huge home run in the upper weights but forget about the some times overlooked other upper weight guy. He is pretty tough and I believe those 2 form the best 1-2 punch in the heavier weights.

Amery could be the best team at state that might not be there if you understand my thinking just because of the evil Ellsworth!

LG honest opinion: the solid second place team but might  make the conference tournament interesting with individual points could get close or better!

BW
Second year for there coaching staff and has a different additude in the room which is nice being a BW homer ;D
young and small. Not sure what more I can say about them.
BW will be solid at the lower weights with some upper classmen filling in but also have some good talent in the underclassman at those weights. BW has a senior at 52 that will be a tough out and with a 70 pounder looking to expand on his 4th at sectionals last year with some hard off-season work should give bW some life in the upper areas. Not sure how the top 3 weights will play out for BW, got 3 kids that all want 1 weight and that being HWT.

BW should have a chance at filling out all 14 but that will take some shuffling and some freshmen to step in and be a tough out on the mat.

LG honest opinion: Should be in the fight for 5th at conference. Trust me I would love better and hoping for it but honestly still a year away from cracking the top 4 in my opinion and YES I will be beat down for saying this

Ellsworth

Well what more can I say about them. Could be in for a nice 2 year run that in this area we might have never seen expect that Ellsworth is just 1 year removed from a heck of a run. No I should say for the past decade and a half they have had one of the best runs around. Last year was suppose to be down and they ONLY finish second at state. boy that would be nice to have a down year like that.

looks like Ellsworth has some good upper classman at the lower weights plus a couple of state quaifiers and a JV state champ starting the line up off. Then you get into a hammer area with a state champ that the redistricting of Ellsworth took in. Not sure at 32 what they have to start the year but probably at mid season you have another state quailfier moving into that spot.

on to the middle weights there will be some moving around mainly 38/45 but then I would guess you have another Lantz coming in at 52 which should be no suprise to anyone and I might add has the best name in conference Onders ;D ;D ;D or maybe that is the littleguys way of saying it. Then onto Mueller which should be another state kid and I hope he is healthy also.

About the only question I have with Ellsworth is at HWT. Also sorry if I didnt mention a name there just is to many to say.

LG honest opinion: I think they will be the top team when it comes to the duals but to be honest they could be in for a serious dog fight come conference time with individual points and how it is done.

LG pat on the back: boy when you talk wrestling that ENTIRE town supports the living daylights out of wrestling. The hard work the town, association, coaches and the work those wrestlers put in for the past 50+ years is amazing!

New Richmond
just not sure as to how they are going to fold out. I need some more time to see the names but I do know they have a couple kids around the same weight that are very talented and will cause some serious damage in the conference.

New Riohmond was hit hard by some graduations expecially at the upper weights but like usual they have another wrestler in the room waiting to get out there and all in all they will field another pretty good team like usual.

I know NR had in the past couple of years some pretty good middle school kids and not quite sure of the ages but some should be moving into the high school and be some instant competitive kids.

honest opinion: will be a dog fight for third. I just dont think they have the horses to crack the top 2 but it should be a real interesting dual and season against SCC

Osceola
Not sure as to how the season starts out for them because of the state championship hangover from football will play out. Though I do know they have some good old fashion tough kids in the upper weights that will be just plain and simple tough. Also having a hwt as coach helps that area out real nice.
I believe the lower weights will be underclassmen but they do have a very talented kids in the middle school range but not sure how many have moved to high school yet.

Osceola is a team that I believe will be pretty good in the next few years if the cards fall right for them.

LG honest opinion: should be the favorite for 5th place but they could suprise and slide into 4th but with a couple hunger teams could end up 6rh. For any of the Osceola people LG pulling the homer and hoping BW slides into 5th.

Prescott
sorry prescott fans, I know very little about your program though I know they have some tough kids in the middle school range but since of the new redistricting not sure how the line up is going to play out

LG honest opinion: should be in the mix for 5th but I know so little at this time and I am not sure how many kids are out for Prescott.

SCC
Nice addition to the MBC. I have to give SCC credit they fill out a lineup year in and year out. It will be no different this year.

They will be tough in the middle to upper weights and have some solid kids down low also. I believe they will battle New Richmond for the bronze in the MBC

LG honest opinion: should be in the mix for 3 and to be honest I think they match up somewhat with Amery to make that dual a must see of the week dual. I favor them for the 3rd spot in the conference tournament but I know more about SCC than NR at this time.

Somerset
First year in ages they actually can start a season on time due to an unusual down football team.

I do hear they have a new coach and I also think that is a good find for Somerset. He did an excellent job last year in the middle school and while being new to the high school I am sure he will learn and improve along the way.

Not sure what Somerset has just yet but they have a couple tough kids in the lower to middle weights and maybe not running late for football they have been whipped into shape and will come out with some fire in the belly

LG honest opinion: in the hunt for 5th but I also need time to see where and who is on the team but I put them in with Osceola and BW for the hunt for 5th at the conference tournament.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

hey I know I left some names off the list for teams but not sure where people are going to play out. I hear of some injuries and other problems have left off some usual names but I hope they get healthy and on track to join there teams

Also if you have more information please put that out there to give some props to the programs I have mentioned.

The Last Ride

This is not Middle Border related but looking forward to see Hudson ranked #2 D1 wrestle Ellsworth ranked #1 D2  this year. Early season team rankings.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

littleguy301

Quote from: The Last Ride on December 01, 2015, 06:53:52 PM
This is not Middle Border related but looking forward to see Hudson ranked #2 D1 wrestle Ellsworth ranked #1 D2  this year. Early season team rankings.

when, where and time!!!!!

The Last Ride

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 01, 2015, 07:00:06 PM

They usually come to the Hudson dual tournament that is the same time that Baldwin runs their Middle school tournament every year.

Saturday, Jan 9, 2016
Invitational  09:30AM 
Ellsworth,
Stillwater,
Hutchinson,
Boyceville,
Harding  Hudson High School - Gym - East 
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

littleguy301

Quote from: The Last Ride on December 01, 2015, 07:07:13 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on December 01, 2015, 07:00:06 PM

They usually come to the Hudson dual tournament that is the same time that Baldwin runs their Middle school tournament every year.

Saturday, Jan 9, 2016
Invitational  09:30AM 
Ellsworth,
Stillwater,
Hutchinson,
Boyceville,
Harding  Hudson High School - Gym - East 

that sucks!!!! I think if I went there it wouldnt be looked at as a positive ;D

ride tell me how it works out, will ya.

littleguy301

after reading my post I hope no one thinks negative of what I said remember it is only LG opinion and I should say ALL town, coaches and wrestlers put in hard work not just Ellsworth.