Elsworth Reg

Started by wrestlingshoes, February 17, 2014, 10:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlingshoes

Just a question and yes I know this is going on in brackets at other regionals but was there some kids out due to injury or illness 182-2 wrestlers, 195-4 wrestlers, 220-2 wrestlers and HWT 3- wrestlers if not this is alarming....

shouldvewrestled

220 had one kid have to miss with skin infection but other than that it was just teams did not have many upper weight kids.

Brings up weight class question of why we keep trying to create opportunities for upper weights when the numbers in the upper weights aren't there.

littleguy301

Grade time took out a couple also from those upper weights.

I dont like it but I have to be honest.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

shouldvewrestled

Yes agree Littleguy.  Regionals are at a difficult time with the being eligible issue for grades.  This is a two edged sword argument though since the kids do need to put the books first.

littleguy301

Honestly, Ellsworth builds such an enviorment in there wrestling team. How in the blazes does a team be at the top of the game for 50 years in a smaller school. They certainly buck the system with cycles that other schools seem to have. Truely amazing!!!!!!

Ellsworth keeps up team pride like no other, sure they lose people like any other school but where they excel is they have guys sitting behind those kids that quit or dont come out that fill in like no other.

How many other teams in this area have a senior that has been JV for 3 and a half years that is in that room just waiting for a shot. When he gets that shot he is conference champ and sectional quailfier and I believe a good chance to slide into a 3 spot to get to state. How many other schools have that. For that reason alone I will be a huge supporter of that 45 pounder, he deserved my respect and I WILL be cheering for him to make state, how can you not support that work he put in. That is what is right about the the great support of wrestling!!!!!!!!!!

What a great team additude and such a support system Ellsworth has.

Even back in the hay days of BW we were lucky to get 20 kids in the room. Heck there was one year I believe BW had 14 kids and they were state runner ups. You would think with that kind of team you would have guys waiting to get on the team but..........

Hats off to Ellsworth on maintaining such a great tradition for over 50 years!

pantherphotoman

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 17, 2014, 12:36:16 PM

How many other teams in this area have a senior that has been JV for 3 and a half years that is in that room just waiting for a shot. When he gets that shot he is conference champ and sectional qualifier and I believe a good chance to slide into a 3 spot to get to state. How many other schools have that. For that reason alone I will be a huge supporter of that 45 pounder, he deserved my respect and I WILL be cheering for him to make state, how can you not support that work he put in. That is what is right about the the great support of wrestling!!!!!!!!!!

Well said LG!  It certainly says a lot about our current 45 pounder.  The thing is, as you know, he is not the only senior on the team in that situation.  It takes a lot of humility, perseverance, and Panther Pride to do what those behind the scene boys are doing.  I'm glad you brought it up.

littleguy301

Quote from: pantherphotoman on February 17, 2014, 04:05:30 PM

How many other teams in this area have a senior that has been JV for 3 and a half years that is in that room just waiting for a shot. When he gets that shot he is conference champ and sectional qualifier and I believe a good chance to slide into a 3 spot to get to state. How many other schools have that. For that reason alone I will be a huge supporter of that 45 pounder, he deserved my respect and I WILL be cheering for him to make state, how can you not support that work he put in. That is what is right about the the great support of wrestling!!!!!!!!!!

Well said LG!  It certainly says a lot about our current 45 pounder.  The thing is, as you know, he is not the only senior on the team in that situation.  It takes a lot of humility, perseverance, and Panther Pride to do what those behind the scene boys are doing.  I'm glad you brought it up.

I know he isnt the only one, I am sorry to overlook the others also, my bad.

That is what amazes me about Ellsworth. In this day and age with the win now additude amoung wrestlers and parents, just to see those guy stick it out and be great teammates and when the time comes they step in and get the job done!

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 18, 2014, 12:00:58 AM
Quote from: pantherphotoman on February 17, 2014, 04:05:30 PM

I know he isnt the only one, I am sorry to overlook the others also, my bad.

That is what amazes me about Ellsworth. In this day and age with the win now additude amoung wrestlers and parents, just to see those guy stick it out and be great teammates and when the time comes they step in and get the job done!

When generations of wrestlers see it happen time and again, they believe that it could happen for them, too.  In a community culture that celebrates the entire team, rather than just the stars, staying involved is perceived as honorable and helps non-varsity kids feel relevant.  In too many communities, those kids would be getting mocked and labeled as losers, so they quit. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!