Started by shouldvewrestled, January 28, 2019, 11:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shouldvewrestled

Tuesday Jan 29

Somerset @ St Croix Central

Saturday Feb 2

MBC Tournament @ Ellsworth

pantherphotoman

I'm looking forward to some great wrestling on Saturday. Ellsworth will be looking for their 16th straight Middle Border Conference Championship. Here are the guys who are ranked as of Thursday, January 24:

HM Prescott- Alex Iberg

10 Osceola- Thomas Oswald

1 BW- Jacek Mickowski
6 Amery- Mason Tylee
HM Ellsworth- Bailey Poellinger

5 Amery- Walker Ingham
7 Somerset- Tyler Hantsberger
12 Ellsworth- Jon Cain
HM BW- Tanner Merriman

4 Ellsworth- Charlie Stuhl
5 BW- Jordan Bonte
7 Amery- Jordan Penard

8 Somerset- Jared Grahovac
9 BW- Joe Garcia
11 SCC- Devin Wasley

5 Ellsworth- Jared Lansing

4 Ellsworth- Sawyer Hamilton
6 Amery- Mike Smith

2 Ellsworth- Cedric Kosnopfal

HM Amery- Kale Hopke

6 BW- Blaine Guthrie
11 Osceola- Nick Carlson

Nobody

2 SCC- Ryan Larson
5 Ellsworth- Logan Peterson
10 Prescott- Joe Schulte

HWT
10 Osceola- Gabe Lowney

There are going to be some battles!  :o

pantherphotoman

How will all of these days off impact the tournament on Saturday? Ellsworth is off Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if we are off on Thursday, as it is supposed to be 33 below without the wind chill factored in. Does this effect weights and weigh-ins?

More importantly, how do you think things are going to shake out on Saturday? Predictions? Anyone? LG? Anyone?

imwi

Quote from: pantherphotoman on January 28, 2019, 03:43:44 PM
How will all of these days off impact the tournament on Saturday? Ellsworth is off Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised if we are off on Thursday, as it is supposed to be 33 below without the wind chill factored in. Does this effect weights and weigh-ins?

More importantly, how do you think things are going to shake out on Saturday? Predictions? Anyone? LG? Anyone?

Nope.  Not if they have school on Friday.  That max they would get any under circumstances would be 1 lb, not 1lb per missed day

wrastle63

Will be interesting to see if there are any weight shifts. 126/132 look very interesting for conference and regionals. Lots of ranked wrestlers.

littleguy301

lots of matches wrestled is my predictions!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

NWIS

106 Williman
113 Osc
120 BW
126 Am
132 Ells
238 Som
145 Ells
152 Am
160 Ells
170 Osc
182 BW
195 Osc
220 Pre
285 SCC

pantherphotoman

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 30, 2019, 09:20:22 AM

You're really putting yourself out there LG! I'm looking forward to seeing Jacek wrestle. #4,5, and 7 at 132 is going to really be something to watch. I'm also hoping to see Peterson vs. Larson at 220. I also need to talk to Gabe Lowny to see if he will transfer to E-Town, as we could use a true HWT in our lineup. Maybe I can bribe him with a lifetime supply of curds!  ;D

littleguy301

Quote from: pantherphotoman on January 30, 2019, 03:14:24 PM

You're really putting yourself out there LG! I'm looking forward to seeing Jacek wrestle. #4,5, and 7 at 132 is going to really be something to watch. I'm also hoping to see Peterson vs. Larson at 220. I also need to talk to Gabe Lowny to see if he will transfer to E-Town, as we could use a true HWT in our lineup. Maybe I can bribe him with a lifetime supply of curds!  ;D

I would love to say my predictions but way to close to the situation.

I do see some moving around though. Maybe not seeing match ups people want.

I will put myself out there and say scc at 220!

Ok, I think bw sneaks another champ in there some where  ;)

wrastle63

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 30, 2019, 08:15:42 PM

Ok, I think bw sneaks another champ in there some where  ;)
I see what you did there....

JMBaker

Any word on Sawyer Hamilton's medical forfeit?  Will he be okay for next weekend?

pantherphotoman

Quote from: JMBaker on February 03, 2019, 08:58:37 AM
Any word on Sawyer Hamilton's medical forfeit?  Will he be okay for next weekend?
He is fine. He will be good to go Saturday.

pantherphotoman

My MVW was Joe Schulte. Kid goes out there and pins the state champ in the final. On top of that, he's the teammate who is always matside cheering his boys on. Very impressive young man.

littleguy301

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 31, 2019, 10:54:53 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on January 30, 2019, 08:15:42 PM

You're really putting yourself out there LG! I'm looking forward to seeing Jacek wrestle. #4,5, and 7 at 132 is going to really be something to watch. I'm also hoping to see Peterson vs. Larson at 220. I also need to talk to Gabe Lowny to see if he will transfer to E-Town, as we could use a true HWT in our lineup. Maybe I can bribe him with a lifetime supply of curds!  ;D

Ok, I think bw sneaks another champ in there some where  ;)
I see what you did there....

I felt bw would win 126. Outside bw, not sure many knew bonte was moving down.

Never thought bw would win 106 though

littleguy301

Quote from: pantherphotoman on February 03, 2019, 07:31:18 PM
My MVW was Joe Schulte. Kid goes out there and pins the state champ in the final. On top of that, he's the teammate who is always matside cheering his boys on. Very impressive young man.

Seems like a well liked kid from around the conference. I saw him cheering on alot of kids not only his school but others.

Well run tournament, good job to the Ellsworth people on the tournament.