Upcoming mbc wrestling season

Started by Jimmy, November 15, 2016, 01:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

Tom,you can ban me instead of Lg! The mbc thread needs him

Stripes

Quote from: NWIS on November 29, 2016, 02:52:42 PM
I would like to see Younger and Stuhl face each other in the dual meet but I think Bryce will be heavier.

Where was Younger tonight? Likely could have changed the outcome of the dual.

TomM

Quote from: Jimmy on December 01, 2016, 01:14:45 PM
Tom,you can ban me instead of Lg! The mbc thread needs him

LG is TOO BIG to BAN! (he's not banned, he's just AWOL)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

NWIS

The season is barely 24 hrs old and my hopes for a more successful season are already gone.

FinalWord

Quote from: NWIS on December 02, 2016, 12:14:30 PM
The season is barely 24 hrs old and my hopes for a more successful season are already gone.
On the other hand; LG is probably downright giddy!
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

littleguy301

Quote from: Jimmy on November 22, 2016, 02:03:57 PM
Word, I spoke with Lg.Im typing this with my left hand,but all in all he took it pretty well. He mentioned something about some technical difficulties with his computer but he strongly agreed with your statement.

Word,,,,I have been having a change of heart and feelings lately. I just now strongely encourage people to watch what they type ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: FinalWord on December 04, 2016, 10:07:42 AM
Quote from: NWIS on December 02, 2016, 12:14:30 PM
On the other hand; LG is probably downright giddy!

ya alittle bit.

I think NWIS is just to hard, they were missing a couple of kids and the BW guys came out with some fire. Still came down to the 7th tie breaker.

littleguy301

I will give a quick update on BW to round into what shouldhave has stated.

BW has 3 seniors, 2 JR and 15 freshmon and sophmores. After last nights wrestle offs BW now has 5 Fresh in the starting line ups which could be wonderfull but also could be a hair pulling situation.

Also, our anchor at the start of the upper weights had a career ending head injury this past summer. Heck it is a life changing event. He is doing very well now in his role of team manager/coach. Great kid to have around to say the least but man, life is strange and in a blink of an eye things certainly can change.

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 14, 2016, 12:12:45 PM
I will give a quick update on BW to round into what shouldhave has stated.

BW has 3 seniors, 2 JR and 15 freshmon and sophmores. After last nights wrestle offs BW now has 5 Fresh in the starting line ups which could be wonderfull but also could be a hair pulling situation.

Also, our anchor at the start of the upper weights had a career ending head injury this past summer. Heck it is a life changing event. He is doing very well now in his role of team manager/coach. Great kid to have around to say the least but man, life is strange and in a blink of an eye things certainly can change.

Great to see they unblocked you LG  ;D  I had forgot about that injury for that young man.  Great to hear he is able to still help out and agree life can certainly be strange and cruel but also give us great perspective on what really is important. 

npope

Evidently some duals have been taking place, but no one will identify them or the results. C'mon guys - not everyone is from your neck of the woods and knows this stuff. If some results are available, I haven't been able to find them: Track, Wisconsin Wrestling, WIAA, etc. While I know the teams that some of you are associated with, I still don't know who wrestled who.

Help a poor fan out!!

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

shouldvewrestled

Week 1
Amery 41  Prescott 28
Baldwin Woodville 40  New Richmond 39
Ellsworth vs Saint Croix Central postponed
Somerset 42  Osceola 31

Week 2
Ellsworth 59  Amery 13
Baldwin Woodville 39 Osceola 27
New Richmond 48  Saint Croix Central 31
Somerset 40  Prescott 39

All of this is from Track, just go to browse, seasons, high school boys 2016-2017.  Then click WIAA then it brings up all the duals entered from WI.  Can search for specific teams too in the search option once there.  It might not be up instantly after the dual but usually the next day or two they get entered.

npope

Thanks for the results and the Track instructions; I wasn't going back far enough to find the MBC results - I thought those matches had just occurred within the past few days, as opposed to a week ago.

Got it now - thanks again!

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: npope on December 15, 2016, 10:46:50 AM
Thanks for the results and the Track instructions; I wasn't going back far enough to find the MBC results - I thought those matches had just occurred within the past few days, as opposed to a week ago.

Got it now - thanks again!

I find it easier to search for specific teams than trying to wade through all of the duals entered as well.  Will try to post them on here too for people to have another way to find them.

littleguy301

I usually wade through the meet results to find my information.

Never knew you could do what you said shouldhave.

if I am short on info I call someone from that school to get the updates. I am old fashion that way plus who does want to BS with the littleguy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

littleguy301

One thing this year, BW for their home meets have had the best ref in the area doing our duals!!!!!!!!!!!!! he does a very good job of tuning out the rabid fans and calling a good match!!!!!!! Maybe it is his trick of telling the worst fan of them all before the match, if I hear one word out of you your gone. That seems to be doing the trick well at this point, though that ref does say he knows FESTER when he says that ;)