Tournament?

Started by pantherphotoman, February 04, 2015, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pantherphotoman

Is there a tournament or something going on this weekend in Prescott?!  Could be a barnburner.  :o  What do the experts think?

Jimmy

Not sure what your talking pictureman,could you be more specific?

justaclone22

Quote from: pantherphotoman on February 04, 2015, 06:31:52 PM
Is there a tournament or something going on this weekend in Prescott?!  Could be a barnburner.  :o  What do the experts think?
I think he must mean River Falls...

Street Glide

The "expert" reference is what is really throwing me.  😳😳

My humble opinion for the MBC tournament is it just may be one of the closest races in a long time.  2nd and 3rd placers might be the the determining factor.  Obviously the top 3 teams are Ellsworth, NR, and Amery.  Each school having a champ or so.  

For Amery H Marko and B Paulson and E Newton 1st, with tight races for A Smith,  and A Connor.
Ellsworth always tough most everywhere but I think 106,120,160,170 best chances for first, with the 152 being a close match again.  NR A Anderson and Dowd and HWT are front runners here, along with some tight matches at 160 and 138 and 132.  Will Prashcak be back?  If so he would give Newton trouble.  Who wants it the most on the consolation side is my determining factor, with absolutely no disrespect to any kid or team.  Should be a great tournament to watch throughout both on and off the mat. 😊

justaclone22

Quote from: Street Glide on February 05, 2015, 11:55:39 AM
The "expert" reference is what is really throwing me.  😳😳

My humble opinion for the MBC tournament is it just may be one of the closest races in a long time.  2nd and 3rd placers might be the the determining factor.  Obviously the top 3 teams are Ellsworth, NR, and Amery.  Each school having a champ or so.  

For Amery H Marko and B Paulson and E Newton 1st, with tight races for A Smith,  and A Connor.
Ellsworth always tough most everywhere but I think 106,120,160,170 best chances for first, with the 152 being a close match again.  NR A Anderson and Dowd and HWT are front runners here, along with some tight matches at 160 and 138 and 132.  Will Prashcak be back?  If so he would give Newton trouble.  Who wants it the most on the consolation side is my determining factor, with absolutely no disrespect to any kid or team.  Should be a great tournament to watch throughout both on and off the mat. 😊
Ellsworth has only had 3 wrestlers the past three seasons finish outside of the top 3 in this tournament...Personally don't believe it will be quite as close as you think. Bonus points if you know who they were.

shouldvewrestled

I think this year will be closer.  Haven't looked close enough to make a prediction yet.  The 3 you're referring to are John Albarado took 4th,
Dan Langer took 5th, and Brodey Kemmerer took 4th.  That is pretty impressive the last 3 years.  Would venture a guess there will be a couple this year 4th or worse, hope I'm wrong  ;)

pantherphotoman

Yes, I did say "experts,"  but I meant no offense...   ;D

NWIS1

Scored the meet 3x. Ells came out ahead once. Amery ahead 2x. Margin all 3x less than 6 pts. It will be close with NR 15 pts behind. IMO.

Street Glide

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 05, 2015, 03:12:36 PM
I think this year will be closer.  Haven't looked close enough to make a prediction yet.  The 3 you're referring to are John Albarado took 4th,
Dan Langer took 5th, and Brodey Kemmerer took 4th.  That is pretty impressive the last 3 years.  Would venture a guess there will be a couple this year 4th or worse, hope I'm wrong  ;)

You are right photoman, SHW is the true expert.  😀😀

justaclone22

Quote from: NWIS1 on February 05, 2015, 06:57:24 PM
Scored the meet 3x. Ells came out ahead once. Amery ahead 2x. Margin all 3x less than 6 pts. It will be close with NR 15 pts behind. IMO.
Post your thoughts, we'll look for your errors.

NWIS1

I'll go way out on a limb and predict Matzek, Marko, Paulson have a shot at placing.

NWIS

Not to rile anyone but Adler should have the easiest path to champion. Paulson 2nd.

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: Street Glide on February 05, 2015, 07:19:50 PM
Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 05, 2015, 03:12:36 PM

You are right photoman, SHW is the true expert.  😀😀

Wouldn't say I'm an expert, I did play the stupid roundball afterall.  ;)

Street Glide

Quote from: NWIS1 on February 05, 2015, 10:44:52 PM
I'll go way out on a limb and predict Matzek, Marko, Paulson have a shot at placing.
[/quote

Placing I think is a stretch. To place they would need a good seeding, some inj defaults, and FF.  Then maybe. ;D

justaclone22

Matzek over Booth
Strom over Smith
Skelton over Connor
Marko over Younger
Walter over Leavens
Adler of Mangine
Anderson over Melstrom
Dowd over Lantz
Peterson over Hines
Mueller over Keifer
Paulson over Sigler
Newton over Praschak
Borth over Kirschbaum
Johanson over Kinneman

Ells 280+/-
Am 220+/-
NR 200+/-

Doesn't seem like its going to be too close.