Duals week of 1/19

Started by littleguy301, January 21, 2014, 10:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Lets here them and the time it will take for the duals ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Street Glide

Durand at Ellsworth ......Durand has improved, nice to see but E Town big over them.  11/3.  50min

NR at BW..........NR to deep, will have some fun matches with 38/45.  NR 9/5.  1hr 15min

Som at Osc......Interesting match.  Close, will go with Osc in a close one.     8/6.       1hr 10min

Amery at Pres....Should be some interesting matches.  Curious.  Amery to deep.   9/5.   1hr 20min

Stay injury free, good luck.

NWIS

Dur @ Ells, Ells 13-1 (1:05)
BW @ NR, NR 12-2 (1:26)
Som @ Osc, Som had 4 wrestlers this weekend. Osc 9-5?? maybe 12-2 (:45)
Am @ Pre, Am 10-4 (1:22)

Big House

Quote from: NWIS on January 21, 2014, 11:09:55 AM
Som @ Osc, Som had 4 wrestlers this weekend. Osc 9-5?? maybe 12-2 (:45)

Ouch!
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

littleguy301

Well how many of these matches will be cancelled because of the school closings?

pantherphotoman

Just checked middleborderconference.org and Durand v. E-Town is postponed.  No further info.  Maybe it will just be postponed from 7:00 until 7:30...  I wish.   :-\ 

They won't be able to have it Friday night, as that is the huge Ellsworth Middle School Invite, and the high school team is needed to run the tables.  Plus the photographer will be busy on the microphone.  Would we have it next Monday?  Looks like the gym is free that night in E-town.

Well, I guess today will be a good day to get caught up on the 3,000 photos I've taken in the last week.  Stay warm!

littleguy301

What I hear is that these meets will be re scheduled for the week of Feb 2nd. That is the week of conference and I believe all teams have the week free and I also believe it is because of situations like this.

Get ready for tomorrow night photoman!!!!!!!! I hear you might have a ref that is on the edge ;)

littleguy301

I hear for next monday for the NR dual. Man can I be wrong about things ;D

pantherphotoman

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 23, 2014, 10:13:10 AM

Get ready for tomorrow night photoman!!!!!!!! I hear you might have a ref that is on the edge ;)

Uh-oh.  :o

NWIS1

Ells will wrestle Durand at Amery prior to the Am/Ells match. After the Dur/Ells dual coach Marko has arranged for a srimmage featuring Ells, Don Bosco, and St. Ed's.

FinalWord

Quote from: NWIS1 on January 23, 2014, 10:52:33 AM
Ells will wrestle Durand at Amery prior to the Am/Ells match. After the Dur/Ells dual coach Marko has arranged for a srimmage featuring Ells, Don Bosco, and St. Ed's.
I know it's good to get a sweat going before you wrestle but that seems a little extreme. ;D
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

littleguy301

Quote from: pantherphotoman on January 23, 2014, 10:46:00 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on January 23, 2014, 10:13:10 AM

Uh-oh.  :o

I have my muscle coming down to help out!

pantherphotoman

Well, we didn't have any duals this week due to the weather, but there was some really good conference wrestling at the Ellsworth Middle School Invite tonight.  We had Amery, Baldwin-Woodville, Cadott, Durand, Goodhue, New Richmond, Prescott, River Falls, Saint Croix Central, Saint Croix Falls, Somerset, Spring Valley, and Unity.  At least, those were all of the schools that were scheduled to come.

The best part of the night, to me, was looking out over that jam-packed gym on a Friday night.  The energy level was amazing.  I thought the Middle Border was well represented when I was calling out the champions.  We had right around 50 brackets. 

By the way, our middle school coaches don't get the props that they deserve.  I should know, as I've taught middle school for 26 years.  These guys do a fantastic job of training these boys to be men.  I tip my hat to all of you!

Another highlight of the night was LG buying the head table a round of cheese curds.  That was awesome.  Along with that, his son coming over to the table and let us know that Littleguy is his Dad.  If you could have seen the pride in his eyes.  It was cool.  You're doing something right LG.  Thanks for the curds!

Last, for those of you who were there, if you have any suggestions that would make our tournament better, please message me.  I'd like to hear your suggestions... I think.  Have a great weekend!  ;D

littleguy301

Ellsworth does a great job of making sure there is good wrestling and that is all that it is about. Good wrestling.

Those middle school tournies sure have a shock value to those 6th graders or first year guys. Man can that shake them and such but none the less it was some great learning lessons and growing those kids did!

The head table needs a shout out for the sharpie situation, man that made my job alot easier! Here is your bracket number and write on your hand. I worked well ;D

My son got that extra treat with seeing the high school practice, watching those kids from Ellsworth is a great treat for him, not quite as big as getting Tony Nelsons autograph and picture but rates right up there ;D He was suppose to ask your assistant for a wrestling match but I guess that fell through ;D

When I sent him to the food area I just told him to tell the workers who his dad was and ask for curds around the horn. I think that gave those people a laugh also.

By the way photo, did you have to take a guess at who was my sons dad? Kind of a dead ringer and even more so when we get his hair cut short ;D

justaclone22

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 23, 2014, 10:21:13 AM
I hear for next monday for the NR dual. Man can I be wrong about things ;D
NR vs BW postponed again. Haven't heard a new make-up date yet.