Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on November 09, 2013, 08:14:13 PM
Quote from: imnofish on November 08, 2013, 08:11:38 PM
Quote from: ramjet on November 08, 2013, 08:18:05 AM
Quote from: imnofish on November 07, 2013, 10:21:30 PM
Quote from: ramjet on November 07, 2013, 11:45:17 AM
Quote from: imnofish on November 06, 2013, 10:02:18 PM
The most common denominator is gravity.  I used to hunt out of tree stands and I agree that safety equipment is very important, but I've yet to hear of anyone falling to their death when hunting from a blind on the ground.

How about getting shot?

Believe it or not, that almost happened to me while I was IN A TREE STAND.   :o

Sure it was accident?   ;)

There several cases of squirrel hunters shooting bow hunters out of trees. I am bowhunter in a tree and people are walking around below me I let them know I am there weather I think they see me or not.

Several years ago, on the second day of the season, a couple of kids were left alone in a tree stand on their first hunt.  They got their before I did, so I didn't know they were there.  They had not been there when I hunted on the first day.  They were in a tree uphill from my stand.  When it was still to dark and foggy to shoot, a buck came through and they opened fire.  Bullets were hitting within inches of me.  Somehow, they wounded the deer.  Then, they jumped out of their stand with guns in hand and gave chase.  They didn't even see me when they ran under my stand.  Later, I talked to the boys and the uncle that left them alone in the stand.  They didn't seem too concerned about it.   ::)

"Can't fix stupid"

Unless you sterilize it!   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

There are times I think that would be a good way to go! ;)

MNbadger

Same here Fish.  I just have been going more and more to simpler and simpler (and I started out pretty simple).  Too many gadgets, stands, harnesses, etc.  I hadn't hunted deer for 25 plus years.  I started back up and it's hunting with a recurve in a ground blind, light, simple few parts to break if any.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

imnofish

Simpler, cheaper, safer...   I like the way you think!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!