Henry Rifles

Started by Goat Roper, October 29, 2013, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat Roper

http://www.jsonline.com/business/henry-repeating-arms-to-manufacture-rifles-in-wisconsin-b99129601z1-229540741.html

Not that I need another rifle, but does anyone own a Henry?  Might buy one just to say I have one if they are any good.

maggie

goat, buyer beware, back in the 1900 a lot of guns can out with the Henry name planted on them, most were made by crescent firearms Co. in CT or were imported from Belgian makesr...they are in no was related to the henry repeating Rifle makers at all...  ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Roo

Goat,

I bought one of their 30-30's a couple years ago. Like you I didn't need another rifle, but I had always wanted a 30-30 of my own. Great gun, happy with the purchase, fabulous quality for the price. I hunt with it off and on, depending on my mood. Fun to shoot at the range.  A friend of mine has the .22, ditto on that.

Think you just a found a Christmas Gift to buy for yourself.

bigG

I know of few who don't admire and want a henry. I think it's the dream of many a young kid, man, etc. There's just something sooo cool about them. Like the Harley of guns. I might just save some bucks for this gun. Always wanted one.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrestling for fun

Got two golden boys....   One in 22 LR and the other in 22 magnum.

Real quality for a decent price... receiver milled out of one pc brass blank.

eagleeye

I know my brother in law is getting the 45-70, and I think I am going to get one in he spring. Part of the reason is the good old made in the USA and I just want one. My wife may not need to know though.
Live long and prosper

bigG

Gonna say. Henry sellin' it to me won't be as tough as me selling it to the wife. :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

never is G...LO  L i also hid things like that until she's feeling good! then pop it to her... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Goat I now own three with the forth on order.

22mag is a delight and great fun to shoot.

45 Longcolt Big Boy is a wonderful smooth running accurate very great looking rifle. Quality is first class. Customer service is second to none. I gave this to my son even though he has wrestling over opening weekend he thinks he will have a couple of days right around thanksgiving to try it out on Whitetails. I hand load a 310 grain hard cast to about 1350 FPS great shootings 3" groups with peep sights at 100 yards.

30-30 with the brass receiver heavy but so accurate it will scare you and because of heft no recoil at all and smooth as glass when working the lever. I scoped it up just to test accuracy and shot sub 1" groups from the bench at 100 yards with Remington 170 grain factory FP. Now it has a Skinner peep.

I ordered a 45-70 more conventional but the reviews have been excellent.

I have allot of rifles and some really top end ones but these are the go to guns in my stable. Awesome looking great shooting and quality that is far above most other MFG. They also use USA mfg for castings barrels and parts.

These rifles will be the property of my sons at some point yes they are that good.