Hound, whats the fishing like in the great north woods...

Started by maggie, September 19, 2013, 09:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

heading up in 2 weeks, lake links says there biting. Hows it look for me?..
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Houndhead

I've been busy bear hunting the last couple weeks and haven't heard much on the fishing. My buddy from Indiana is catching walleye and perch on the Turtle. Haven't heard anything on the huskies.

imnofish

Muskies have been pretty good in the Hayward area.  I went out for a couple of hours last weekend.  Had 5 hits, hooked 2, landed one nice one.  Don't worry; I put him back so you could catch him too.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

imnofish

Quote from: maggie on September 19, 2013, 11:06:53 PM
is there any other way Fish?.. :)...

NOPE!   8)  I never keep muskies.  In fact, most of what I catch is released, regardless of species.  If I keep some for food, it's usually just enough for immediate consumption. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

maggie

I'm glad to hear that Fish, neither do I or anyone I fish with, of course they acceptation of a friend who's keep 4, you can view them if your in the Saint Germain area, one you can see at "Fibber's" right on Big St Lake hang on the wall in a large glass case...another was in Bones old place, stickily muskies before he pulled it out..

imnofish

I got another one last Saturday, Maggie.  Planning on spending the next week up north, so maybe there will be a few more.  So far, jerkbaits, bucktails, and topwater baits are still working great.  Of course, some folks would rather soak a big sucker and those are working, too. 

Houndhead

Ghetto

I think I'm gonna go up to the Nort woods to sit around and do nothing. How's the nappin' on the back porch looking at the lake pretending to read a book weather?

How's the throwing the bobber out there with no lure fishing?

;D

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

Quote from: Ghetto on October 06, 2013, 06:07:08 PM
I think I'm gonna go up to the Nort woods to sit around and do nothing. How's the nappin' on the back porch looking at the lake pretending to read a book weather?

How's the throwing the bobber out there with no lure fishing?

;D

A few days ago, a friend of mine hooked up a big sucker minnow on a quick strike rig and just let the wind drift him across the lake.  End result?  His wife netted a 42" musky for him!   8)

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

it was great hound, should have come over, skis were really on the hunt, best I ever seen, no kidding, cripes, even my 2 bros caught ski's...water was perfect, chop was great with overcast from fri on, we were without shirts on the water wed/thur....couldn't ask for more, may be going up again this coming week...

Houndhead

Quote from: maggie on October 10, 2013, 09:46:56 AM
it was great hound, should have come over, skis were really on the hunt, best I ever seen, no kidding, cripes, even my 2 bros caught ski's...water was perfect, chop was great with overcast from fri on, we were without shirts on the water wed/thur....couldn't ask for more, may be going up again this coming week...

You had me hooked until you said you were shirtless. Not sure I want to see that. ;D

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on October 10, 2013, 12:09:06 PM
Quote from: maggie on October 10, 2013, 09:46:56 AM

You had me hooked until you said you were shirtless. Not sure I want to see that. ;D

Would polarized shades help?   8)  Otherwise, you might have to fish with a seeing eye dog.   ;D

maggie