Fishing Opener

Started by imnofish, May 04, 2013, 11:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Man, it really sucks to be looking at the aftermath of a 17 inch snowfall and icebound lakes, on opening day.  Maybe next weekend will be better...

Anyone having a better opening day experience out there?  Tell us how it's going, so I can at least vicariously enjoy the fun...   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wrestling for fun

We took  two Steelies, 5 & 4lbs , out of the Root River this am... 

imnofish

Quote from: wrestling for fun on May 04, 2013, 11:44:03 AM
We took  two Steelies, 5 & 4lbs , out of the Root River this am... 

Awesome!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

DrSnide

Managed to take a couple of catfish fillets out of the freezer.  Put up quite a fight but managed to get them on the foreman grill with some cajun seasoning.   ;)
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

imnofish

Quote from: DrSnide on May 04, 2013, 12:04:22 PM
Managed to take a couple of catfish fillets out of the freezer.  Put up quite a fight but managed to get them on the foreman grill with some cajun seasoning.   ;)

Hope you didn't sprain your wrist!   ;D

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on May 04, 2013, 11:25:39 AM
Man, it really sucks to be looking at the aftermath of a 17 inch snowfall and icebound lakes, on opening day.  Maybe next weekend will be better...

Anyone having a better opening day experience out there?  Tell us how it's going, so I can at least vicariously enjoy the fun...   :P

Same here. Most of the lakes are ice bound yet.

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on May 04, 2013, 02:17:12 PM
Quote from: imnofish on May 04, 2013, 11:25:39 AM

Same here. Most of the lakes are ice bound yet.

Yeah, I was thinking about you up there, Hound.  Many folks are jealous of those of us living in the North, but this winter has overstayed its welcome!

bigG

We took  two Steelies, 5 & 4lbs , out of the Root River this am...  

Yeah! My boy and I caught 5 (rainbow) trout between us. All 7-8 inches. Jeeez!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on May 05, 2013, 03:33:36 AM
We took  two Steelies, 5 & 4lbs , out of the Root River this am...  

Yeah! My boy and I caught 5 (rainbow) trout between us. All 7-8 inches. Jeeez!

Smelt fry?   ;D  At least the water was OPEN!

bigG

Caught two smalls browns yesterday, at like 1:00 pm. I usually only catch browns at night.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on May 06, 2013, 06:45:36 AM
Caught two smalls browns yesterday, at like 1:00 pm. I usually only catch browns at night.

Must have had your eyes closed...    ;)