New Blood

Started by CLC FAN, February 15, 2023, 03:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

With all the dominant programs and perennial powerhouses... I thought it noteworthy that 10 of the 16 team state participants were not at Team State last year!

New Faces:

Baldwin-Woodville
Bay Port
Cedar Grove-Belgium
Evansville
Germantown
Mukwonago
Reedsburg Area
Shiocton
Stratford
Waukesha West

Some are the return of familiar faces, but for Cedar Grove-Belgium I know it's been over 20 years, and I think this is Shiocton's first trip down to the Barn.  Waukesha West?

Also, of the 4 longest streaks going into last night, only Kaukauna's run continued.  They're currently on 11 years in a row qualifying for Team State.

Random Lake ended at 11
Stoughton ended at 9
Holemen ended at 6

NoFooForU

glad to see so many new teams earning a trip to State.  But, I wouldn't really count Stratford or Mukwonago as newcomers.  They've been there so many times in the recent past.

smitty71

Quote from: CLC FAN on February 15, 2023, 03:43:11 PMWith all the dominant programs and perennial powerhouses... I thought it noteworthy that 10 of the 16 team state participants were not at Team State last year!

New Faces:

Baldwin-Woodville
Bay Port
Cedar Grove-Belgium
Evansville
Germantown
Mukwonago
Reedsburg Area
Shiocton
Stratford
Waukesha West

Some are the return of familiar faces, but for Cedar Grove-Belgium I know it's been over 20 years, and I think this is Shiocton's first trip down to the Barn.  Waukesha West?

Also, of the 4 longest streaks going into last night, only Kaukauna's run continued.  They're currently on 11 years in a row qualifying for Team State.

Random Lake ended at 11
Stoughton ended at 9
Holemen ended at 6
What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

Vir Fortis

Quote from: NoFooForU on February 15, 2023, 04:44:57 PMglad to see so many new teams earning a trip to State.  But, I wouldn't really count Stratford or Mukwonago as newcomers.  They've been there so many times in the recent past.

Right. Not really "new blood."

But it's all a matter of perspective. I'm old enough to remember when it'd be SHOCKING to see Rapids NOT at the State Tournament.

16 VERY excited schools this week. Who we got. Who are the favorites? I'm afraid I don't pay close enough attention.
Kaukauna I'd presume in D1.

Casco...well, "the more things change...." as the saying goes.

And in D3 I'm gonna guess Fennimore?

I am pretty ignorant about the team favorites this year, so feel free to tea off!