TEAM SECTIONALS! WHAT HAPPENED?

Started by TomM, February 14, 2023, 10:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

That definitely would warrant one MC but not sure where the second came from if the video cut off too early? Probably should have been on the coach, who did the right thing in preventing something worse.

We can't here the words so hard to know.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: bigoil on February 18, 2023, 08:24:55 AMThat definitely would warrant one MC but not sure where the second came from if the video cut off too early? Probably should have been on the coach, who did the right thing in preventing something worse.

We can't here the words so hard to know.

It doesn't look like he actually pushes the kid very hard...it looks more like a demonstrative act and it LOOKS like he's making more contact than he is IMO. I still get why you call that.

Was that a response to the Germantown kid getting a little rough trying to stuff the head about 5 seconds into the video?

In any event, that's tough. I'd just hope the 2nd one was obvious for the ref to call it. I hope his season wasn't ended because of a relatively minor emotional outburst(which was a justified call, not arguing otherwise).

Vir Fortis

Quote from: ChargerDad on February 18, 2023, 05:03:26 AM
Quote from: bigoil on February 17, 2023, 08:44:37 PM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 17, 2023, 08:31:06 PM
Quote from: bigoil on February 17, 2023, 07:47:31 PMI would say the aggressor won the match. Very close to 2TD and 2RV

WRL head was down for over 10 seconds in the 3rd and was again later in the 3rd as well.

Looking at the bracket and not knowing much, they could likely wrestle for 3rd or 2nd place wrestleback.

You have a link?
There was one posted, Mr. G you still have it?

I had posted a link from the WI Wrestle facebook page, but it was the link to the match in the Arrowhead/Germantown dual, not the Rapids/Bay Port match.  I can't find video of the Rapds/Bay Port dual.

I caught a link...a pretty clear one.

It's a tough call, but I did NOT see either ref try and somehow make themselves the center of attention. It looks like the one ref(I'm terrible with names, but I recognized both of them) steps in and verbally warns the WR kid a couple times. About 30 seconds in when the BP kid pushed him off with a 2 on 1 a couple times.

I guess if I was going to really nit pick, I'd say they COULD have waited, but... he WAS stalling.
How much do you let it impact you that it's the last match of the duel and it will swing the duel?

Also, after the stall call was made, the next ~minute(I couldn't see the clock)it's worse. If the ref was trying to make it about himself, he certainly could have called it earlier. He also wouldn't have gone and communicated with the other ref at the end of the 2nd when you could have given points. He also stopped it when BP looked like they were going to score for a potentially dangerous maybe? Or blood time?

I've seen refs call stalling in the first 20 seconds and I don't think that would have been crazy in this case, so tough break for Rapids, but hard to see how you put that on the ref.