TEAM SECTIONALS! WHAT HAPPENED?

Started by TomM, February 14, 2023, 10:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vir Fortis

Quote from: Wis-Mallard on February 16, 2023, 10:54:38 PMThe Arrowhead coach ran out onto the mat to help deescalate the situation from the video I saw. Did the coach lose a team point? Germantown wrestler appeared to stuffing head aggressively but legally at end of match as Arrowhead kid was holding onto leg. Shove was somewhat predictable IMO.

Things get heated. I'd hope it would be egregious to end this kids season. Ya know...like they nearly did with that Waterford kid who was just TOTALLY out of control a few years ago! Halter if memory serves.
That was sarcasm...sohope nobody gets their feathers ruffled.

neutral

Any news on Gulmatico's status for this weekend?
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

No One Cares

Quote from: neutral on February 17, 2023, 07:05:57 AMAny news on Gulmatico's status for this weekend?

He has been removed from the bracket.

tyben

Quote from: whatever on February 15, 2023, 04:52:55 PM
Quote from: tyben on February 15, 2023, 09:57:58 AM
Quote from: memyselfandi on February 15, 2023, 08:04:22 AMBayport vs Rapids comes down to 106

Ending score of that match is 1-0 after two ride out and the Bayport kid wins off a stall call.  That sends them to team state
Great dual, the stall call was completely undeserving and made no sense.  Too bad the ref needed to make it about him in the 3rd period. He's a good ref too, just lost his head.

Good ref?  The guy is a very good college ref and referees the national tournaments in college.  As far as high school officials, he is easily in the top 5 in the state .  Ask any coach.

As for the stall calls, did you notice how the Rapids coaches did NOT complain?

Wonder why that is?  It's because they knew it was the right call.

First, the Rapids kid was warned in the second period for dropping down and hanging onto an ankle when he was riding.  Besides being a textbook example of stalling, the kid was verbally warned that he had to work to improve and he did nothing .  Easy call there and it was only a warning.

Then, in the 3rd period with the Rapids kid on bottom, they had to stop for blood time.  The referee TOLD Coach Benitz that his kid needed to wrestle because he had already been warned for stalling.

When they restart, the Rapids kid was clammed up and only holding onto the BayPort kid's hands.  The referee gave ANOTHER verbal warning that he had to improve......and the Rapids kid responded by balling up even tighter.

Textbook stalling and the Rapids coaches knew it as well.

Save your criticism for another referee.  That referee made the correct call.

You should probably re-watch the 3rd period because you aren't explaining what really happen during that sequence. Actually, bottom guy goes from tripod, to almost getting a switch, then to another tripod to a roll all within 15 seconds of the stall call while the top guy has a tight waist wrapped all around the stomach.  Then the last 55 seconds is more stalling on top with no call.  Even good refs make bad calls, this one was really bad.  I'm guessing you are a friend of the ref, probably another ref standing up for your friend because of the heat he took for the call.       

whatever

I just rewatched that match twice.....even rewatched that third period like 4 times and you are the one who isn't describing it accurately at all.

First , doing a tripod on the bottom isNOT an offensive move or attempt at a move. 

Second, you claiming the bottom guy initiated all these attempts and the top guy only hung with a tight waist is complete BS.  The top guy attempted a far side cradle, bottom guy fought that off.  Then bottoms guy attempted a weak sit out, top guy countered it.  Top guy then jumps to other side and attempts to lift the near leg and work for a turk.  Bottom guy fights that off.

Now the bottom guy is laying there and is not attempting much when the stall call is issued.

There is still a significant amount of time for the bottom to guy to still get one (or two) and he's not even close.  In fact, I thought he could have been hit with another stall call.

Either way, we are splitting hairs on a stall call and your claim that it was terrible is not accurate at all.

To say the ref "made it about him" is where you are completely way off base.  That ref isn't seeking the limelight as an official.  He's a Dang good official who works hard at perfecting his craft and making the right call - even if it's a tough call that's gonna make half the gym angry .

You accuse me of being a friend of the ref .....and even being a ref myself .  I will say I am definitely NOT a ref.  Am I a friend?  Yup, I am.  That doesn't automatically make it true that you're not watching with a biased opinion.

I will say that I think you must be a Rapids fan and refuse to see that a stall call against your guy was not a terrible call.

Regardless, your guy had 6 minutes to score one point and he really wasn't close.  The Bay Port kid had multiple instances where he was on the verge of scoring but the Rapids kid hung on.

Looks to me like the aggressor throughout the whole match was rewarded while the clinger lost.....

End of story.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Gutwrench

You do realize that the head ref in the Rapis Bayport match also refs in the Big Tens.  I think he knows what he's doing.

bigoil

Whatever could never be a ref, and no one could take them serious, looking like fletch.

Good to see you lurking on the forum, Mr. P!

tyben

Whatever, you are explaining a lot of action for a stall call to be made in that 15 seconds, there was maybe 3 seconds of being on his belly before he made it back up to his base again and attempted a roll. 

Bay Port kid did almost score a couple times compared to Rapids kid, this is true. The ref is a good, maybe a great ref, this is true too. Good and even great refs make bad decisions just like good or great, insert any professional, make bad decisions every once in a while, you can either deny it or learn from it. If you watch the 3rd period, and especially that 30 seconds on both sides of the stall call, there is no way you could say the Rapids kid wasn't more active than the Bay Port kid. In a 0-0 match with everything on line, the call was just wrong.

bigoil

bigoil

I would say the aggressor won the match. Very close to 2TD and 2RV

WRL head was down for over 10 seconds in the 3rd and was again later in the 3rd as well.

Looking at the bracket and not knowing much, they could likely wrestle for 3rd or 2nd place wrestleback.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: bigoil on February 17, 2023, 07:47:31 PMI would say the aggressor won the match. Very close to 2TD and 2RV

WRL head was down for over 10 seconds in the 3rd and was again later in the 3rd as well.

Looking at the bracket and not knowing much, they could likely wrestle for 3rd or 2nd place wrestleback.

You have a link?

bigoil

Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 17, 2023, 08:31:06 PM
Quote from: bigoil on February 17, 2023, 07:47:31 PMI would say the aggressor won the match. Very close to 2TD and 2RV

You have a link?
There was one posted, Mr. G you still have it?

ChargerDad

Quote from: bigoil on February 17, 2023, 08:44:37 PM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 17, 2023, 08:31:06 PM

You have a link?
There was one posted, Mr. G you still have it?

I had posted a link from the WI Wrestle facebook page, but it was the link to the match in the Arrowhead/Germantown dual, not the Rapids/Bay Port match.  I can't find video of the Rapds/Bay Port dual.

pitman

Where does a computer illiterate find the link for the G'town/Arrowhead dual?
now you're messin' with a S.O.B.

No One Cares

Quote from: pitman on February 18, 2023, 06:42:13 AMWhere does a computer illiterate find the link for the G'town/Arrowhead dual?

There hasn't been a link provided (which leads one to believe it wasn't streamed).  All that's been provided is grainy cell phone footage (clips) from the bleachers. 

So, to get Sectional Saturday started with a smile, enjoy this video of puppies playing in the snow:

https://youtu.be/uVUSe0XESSs