TEAM SECTIONALS! WHAT HAPPENED?

Started by TomM, February 14, 2023, 10:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

TEAM SECTIONALS! WHAT HAPPENED?

What kind of stuff happened at Team Sectionals?
Surprises?
As Expected?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Willie

Shiocton takes down Coleman 30-20 to qualify for their first ever team state!

pitman

Germantown beat Arrowhead. On to state!
now you're messin' with a S.O.B.

miltonfan#1

Quote from: pitman on February 15, 2023, 04:02:37 AMGermantown beat Arrowhead. On to state!
why did arrowhead lose 2 team points in the dual?
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

Wis-Mallard

crossface21

Quote from: miltonfan#1 on February 15, 2023, 04:41:08 AM
Quote from: pitman on February 15, 2023, 04:02:37 AMGermantown beat Arrowhead. On to state!

And the final score was 34-33, so losing the 2 team points loomed large.

whatever

Quite the understatement, Crossface!

Can someone in the know tell us what happened?
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

fryguy518

Reedsburg 1st ever team state with win over Stoughton 48-27

Iowa Grant over Aquinas 38-34.

Why did Arrowhead lose team points?

Houndhead

120   Thaddeus Sigmund (Medford Area) over Colton Hush (Baldwin-Woodville) Dec 7-5

Ghetto

Quote from: fryguy518 on February 15, 2023, 06:34:49 AMReedsburg 1st ever team state with win over Stoughton 48-27

Iowa Grant over Aquinas 38-34.

Why did Arrowhead lose team points?

Congratulations to Reedsburg. I bet they are riding a wave of emotions right now.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

thesweep

Quote from: crossface21 on February 15, 2023, 06:06:05 AM
Quote from: miltonfan#1 on February 15, 2023, 04:41:08 AM

[/quote]

It should be pointed out that even if only one team point was deducted and the final score was 34-34, the team with fewer unsportsmanlike/flagrant misconducts is declared the winner. It's literally the first tie-breaking criteria in the NFHS handbook.

Tough break for Arrowhead but the winning wrestler shoved the Gtown wrestler after winning. The referee dinged him after talking to him and basically telling him that you can't do that. And then the wrestler preceded to taunt the crowd. I coached for years and I can guarantee that every coach talks to his wrestlers about sportsmanship and the ramifications come state series time.

It was a close match but it wasn't even "chippy" and Arrowhead had a commanding lead by that point. The wrestler's behavior was totally unnecessary. Hope it serves as a lesson for him someday.

Kudos to both teams. They wrestled very hard and it was one of the most exciting high school matches I've ever seen.

memyselfandi

Bayport vs Rapids comes down to 106

Ending score of that match is 1-0 after two ride out and the Bayport kid wins off a stall call.  That sends them to team state

MatScoutWillie

Chris Hansen

Can someone describe the USC better?     You cannot lose 2 team points.   It is 1 or 3.