D3 Team Sectionals

Started by shouldvewrestled, February 10, 2023, 09:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shouldvewrestled

Haven't seen this post yet so figured should give D3 some love too.

A:  Top four in this sectional are all at the same Regional in Cadott, Boyceville, Glenwood City, and Stratford. 

Glenwood is the ranked team by Wisconsin Grappler so will see who comes out. 

B: Coleman, Wittenberg-Birnamwood, and Shiocton are the ranked teams and divided between the 2 regions so should get 2 good duals at team sectional.  Coleman would say is favorite.

C: Fennimore, Iowa Grant/Highland, Mineral Point all in same region and Aquinas in the other should make for another exciting Tuesday duals.  A state finals like dual in the making here.

D: Cedar Grove-Belgium is the ranked team in this section and likely favorites.  Not sure much myself about these teams other than some traditional teams like Random Lake or Johnson Creek might be able to give them a run.

wrastle63

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 10, 2023, 09:51:56 AMHaven't seen this post yet so figured should give D3 some love too.

A:  Top four in this sectional are all at the same Regional in Cadott, Boyceville, Glenwood City, and Stratford. 

B: Coleman, Wittenberg-Birnamwood, and Shiocton are the ranked teams and divided between the 2 regions so should get 2 good duals at team sectional.  Coleman would say is favorite.

C: Fennimore, Iowa Grant/Highland, Mineral Point all in same region and Aquinas in the other should make for another exciting Tuesday duals.  A state finals like dual in the making here.

D: Cedar Grove-Belgium is the ranked team in this section and likely favorites.  Not sure much myself about these teams other than some traditional teams like Random Lake or Johnson Creek might be able to give them a run.
Think your missing a top 4 team in the regional.

shouldvewrestled

Then post the team  ::)  I was just starting the post.

BennyD

Crandon will push the pace against witt-birn for sure. Might even squeek out a win over them. Should be fun to watch!!! Crandon has too many holes to beat Coleman, but would have come real close if everyone remained healthy.

tigerking

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 10, 2023, 09:51:56 AMHaven't seen this post yet so figured should give D3 some love too.

Tigers are making it out of Sectional A. Rankings don't win dual meets.

For Sectional B, give me Coleman. Could be another Cougars vs Tigers dual in the postseason at Team State.

Sectional C, Fennimore survives the tough regional and takes down Aquinas.

Sectional D, CGB wins big over everyone.

beastmode

Sectional A is going to be a tight one.  Glenwood City, Cadott, Stratford and Marathon all in the running. My picks are Glenwood City and Stratford.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

rankwizard

Quote from: tigerking on February 10, 2023, 05:13:25 PM

Tigers are making it out of Sectional A. Rankings don't win dual meets.

For Sectional B, give me Coleman. Could be another Cougars vs Tigers dual in the postseason at Team State.

Sectional C, Fennimore survives the tough regional and takes down Aquinas.

Sectional D, CGB wins big over everyone.

There are some key tossup matchups that the Tigers will need to win today. They can do it no doubt.

rankwizard

Quote from: beastmode on February 10, 2023, 08:06:42 PMSectional A is going to be a tight one.  Glenwood City, Cadott, Stratford and Marathon all in the running. My picks are Glenwood City and Stratford.

They all have their holes so we'll see how where everyone is projected to place vs how they wrestle in the close matches.. Going to be a fun day there. Cadott has it's hammers

rankwizard

Quote from: BennyD on February 10, 2023, 12:41:19 PMCrandon will push the pace against witt-birn for sure. Might even squeek out a win over them. Should be fun to watch!!! Crandon has too many holes to beat Coleman, but would have come real close if everyone remained healthy.

Crandon was a top 5 team at the beginning of the season, next year they'll be back as they only lose 2 seniors from their current lineup (Cole Shepherd and Silas Dennee). They have several kids in contention for a state spot so they still have plenty to fight for

beastmode

Quote from: beastmode on February 10, 2023, 08:06:42 PMSectional A is going to be a tight one.  Glenwood City, Cadott, Stratford and Marathon all in the running. My picks are Glenwood City and Stratford.

Not to toot my own horn but toot toot. What a nail biter for my boys from Glenwood City. It came down to 3 wrestle backs and  they needed a couple wins by fall to overtake  Cadott and that's what they did!
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine