Wake up call for wrestling and football today....

Started by Musky Hunter, November 30, 2013, 09:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musky Hunter

two pretty pathetic performances.  lets hope the wrestling team learns a ton from this.  i hate those pre-season rankings also.  gets your hopes up!

bkraus

For the most part they are still a young team and hopefully will learn from this.
Strive for Perfection

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

We just won a tournament with 3 champs, 2 - 2nds , 2 - 3rds, 2 - 4ths, and Graff was wrestler of the week.  Sometimes when you start believing your own headlines too much, you get humbled very quickly in wrestling.

That being said, UNI is no slouch, but we lost all potential tossups.  The main big upset was Graff.  I am sure the team will perform better next time out !!  And Tyler will return to being "The Man" again this week !!

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

imnofish

It's a bump in the road; not the end of it.  I am confident that they will learn from this and improve.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Gutwrench

Could the team be a little down from all the wrestling so far?  Two tournaments and multiple duals in a fairly short period of time.  A week of non competition and a home meet might be just what they need.

dad 2 5

I think that GA and coaching staff forgot to tell the team that is was PSU bowl game and that they needed to prepare and play as if it was a bowl game. Instead they focused on senior day and smelled the roses and hug Mom and forgot that they had a game to play. Not looking forward to an SEC team, who ever it is. I still can not figure out why GA did not start or at the least play Phillips.