Referee question

Started by Street Glide, February 21, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Street Glide

Noticing that most score clocks have "Red" on the right, "Green" on the left when determining who's who during a match, why is it that most Refereee put the Red wrist band on their left wrist and the Green wrist band on their right wrist? 

woody53

That is the rule and if the mat is set up correctly the green stripe for the start is on the officials right side when he looks to the table to start.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Street Glide

Thanks Woody, you always come through.

imnofish

Do we have any colorblind refs in Wisconsin? 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Street Glide

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Marty Sparty

Typically, green should be home on the scoreboard, too. That causes tons of problems for officials at schools whose primary color is red.

woody53

The rules do allow the official to switch colors as long as it is agreeable to both teams.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Pheasant 1984

Quote from: imnofish on February 21, 2014, 08:49:18 PM
The sectional in Wausau definitely had some referee's that had me shaking my head alot!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

imnofish

Quote from: Pheasant 1984 on February 23, 2014, 12:55:45 PM
Quote from: imnofish on February 21, 2014, 08:49:18 PM
The sectional in Wausau definitely had some referee's that had me shaking my head alot!

I wasn't demeaning the refs, but just joking about the red and green colors being used, as they would be a challenge for someone with color blindness.  Really, I wonder if we have any colorblind refs.  I'm sure we have at least a few colorblind fans.

TruckerCapAttack_1977

I always like to be green because green means go! 

It goes without having to say so, red means not going.  Who would want to be red?

If the referee tells me I am red I tell him I want to be green.  If he still says I am red then I try to spraing my ankle as I am running out to the middle so it will swell up so that piece of junk red ankle band won't even fit. 

Then I give myself a green light to anoint my opponent the source of my ankle pain. 

Then I unleash a barrage of double legs on my opponent.  When I get in the groove I hit those doubles slicker than snot on smashed bananas.

I just found two m&ms in my beard...

Do you wanna see my PETERBUILT?!

imnofish