Lack of sectional talk?

Started by boowrestle, February 20, 2014, 08:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Street Glide

Quote from: ctl on February 21, 2014, 06:53:55 AM
lets start with the amery sectional, 182 6 ranked wrestlers in an 8 man bracket or 160 5 ranked wrestlers. WOW!

160. Frandsen and Ponick sure things, the question is who gets the third place ticket.

182. The Jury is still out with me on Schutz and Praschak.  Schutzs horse power alone probably gets him through, wonder what he would have been like if he hadn't missed a 1 1/2.  

132 also interesting.  #1 Cssukker and ranked Cain, but don't forget Benetiz who I see is not ranked but beat Cain earlier this week in a very close match.  Ranked kid Stuhl from Prescott and Rueth Neillsville too.

120. The young freshman of A Lantz and A Connor are something to watch.  Both winners of their Regional, they may meet in semi finals.

Ghetto

126 is gonna be tough. First round Gomez vs. Hickey is gonna be great. 27-6 vs 34-9. The Arrowhead kid Weber had a big upset at regionals.

106 has Daly, Szohr, and Ryan. All are/were ranked. We moved our 106 out of that meat grinder to give him a better shot at making it to state. He has 30 wins and I think could have been ranked at some point.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

I wonder how the lack of practice because school has been cancelled for two days will effect some of these wrestlers?

HMsDad

Quote from: ramjet on February 21, 2014, 08:53:29 AM
I wonder how the lack of practice because school has been cancelled for two days will effect some of these wrestlers?
Good question. Chippewa Falls for example as most districts around us had no school Monday. Early release Thursday and no school Friday. 

buc65

Quote from: Ghetto on February 21, 2014, 07:45:54 AM
Ranked or HM wrestlers in the Milwaukee Riverside Sectional

106- 2
120-3
126-2
132-3
138-1
145-2
152-2
160-1
170-1
182-1
285-2

120 has 4
138 has 2
160 has 2
170 has 2

beastmode

Quote from: Street Glide on February 21, 2014, 08:23:48 AM
lets start with the amery sectional, 182 6 ranked wrestlers in an 8 man bracket or 160 5 ranked wrestlers. WOW!

160. Frandsen and Ponick sure things, the question is who gets the third place ticket.

182. The Jury is still out with me on Schutz and Praschak.  Schutzs horse power alone probably gets him through, wonder what he would have been like if he hadn't missed a 1 1/2.  

132 also interesting.  #1 Cssukker and ranked Cain, but don't forget Benetiz who I see is not ranked but beat Cain earlier this week in a very close match.

120. The young freshman of A Lantz and A Connor are something to watch.  Both winners of their Regional, they may meet in semi finals.

How much weight is Connor giving up?
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

maggie

I don't believe there should be any problems with no practice for a few days, might even be a good thing, these kids no where they need to be for weight and most probably work out at home...should any ways..
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Houndhead

132 also interesting.  #1 Cssukker and ranked Cain, but don't forget Benetiz who I see is not ranked but beat Cain earlier this week in a very close match.

Andrew Smith of Amery has quietly put together a great season at 32-3. Two of the losses came at the MN Christmas Tourney, does anyone know where the other loss came from?

littleguy301

Quote from: beastmode on February 21, 2014, 09:03:42 AM

How much weight is Connor giving up?

I dont think much now but with that said it could be 5 pounds or more if Lantz is cutting hard.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

spoonerwrestling

I personally am looking forward to the caliber of wrestling that looks to be had at the Amery sectional.  160 is always a battle and 182 is so deep that I believe anyone could take this group.  And I will give a shout out to my Spooner team for qualifying 9-guys this year!  Drive safe and enjoy the great wrestling tomorrow!!!

The Last Ride

Quote from: spoonerwrestling on February 21, 2014, 09:31:27 AM
I personally am looking forward to the caliber of wrestling that looks to be had at the Amery sectional.  160 is always a battle and 182 is so deep that I believe anyone could take this group.  And I will give a shout out to my Spooner team for qualifying 9-guys this year!  Drive safe and enjoy the great wrestling tomorrow!!!

How is the weather up in Spooner? About 11 inches in Hudson!
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

spoonerwrestling

Quote from: The Last Ride on February 21, 2014, 09:35:08 AM
Quote from: spoonerwrestling on February 21, 2014, 09:31:27 AM

How is the weather up in Spooner? About 11 inches in Hudson!

At least the snow came on Thursday night and not Friday night/ Sat. morning... we might be plowed out by then.  I think we got close to a foot.. hard to tell anymore! :o

ICEMAN112

Looking forward to watching 24 LAW Alumni (17 Regional Champs) from 12 different HS programs compete at Sectionals. 3 Outstanding Freshman with over 120 wins together. The reference of Club programs hurting HS sports in a different thread was sort of funny. Just my opinion. Good Luck to Everyone!

Alumni

Quote from: MantyWrestler on February 21, 2014, 08:09:15 AM
Don't we all think that when we re-rank all the wrestlers after regionals that for the most part every weight will have a few ranked wrestlers in it? People take out guys that didn't make it and place those that did up near the top.

My son's season was lost last year the week of regionals due to a concussion and he went from 3rd or 4th to not ranked at all. Not that I really care but did people really think he was no longer any good? No, they just pulled him out since he was out of the race. Therefore others that were still wrestling were now ranked. Rankings are fun to look at and can make a parent proud but we all know or think we have a good idea who the real studs are.

I chose to not say too much because I really don't like to talk about my own.

I say 126 at Sheboygan South will be tough. 4 very good wrestlers looking for 2 spots. Adams dropping makes things very interesting.

A few years back I dealt with the same thing, there were 3 kids ranked in the top 6 in the state in the same regional.
My son lost a tough semi final by 1 point at the end of regulation. (after the entire gym was sure my son had the other pinned at one point, but thats another story and as you can see, IM STILL NOT OVER IT.) Anyway the following week my son is off the ranking charts.
Like you said it's not that big of a deal and I don't know how you could eliminate a kid who advances for a kid who is sitting home.
Rankings are cool and there fun to follow. Big difference from back in the day when the Northern boys headed south and we had no idea who the kids were we would be wrestling. You found out in a hurry how tough they were when you stepped on the mat.
Now you can just look them up and learn all you want.

Ghetto

Quote from: buc65 on February 21, 2014, 09:00:09 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on February 21, 2014, 07:45:54 AM
Ranked or HM wrestlers in the Milwaukee Riverside Sectional

106- 2
120-3
126-2
132-3
138-1
145-2
152-2
160-1