Lack of sectional talk?

Started by boowrestle, February 20, 2014, 08:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boowrestle

Thursday night before individual sectionals,and the forum is basically dead. ???Forum is usually hopping with opinions,predictions this time of the year.Good luck to everybody,but especially to all the Badger conference(north/south)wrestlers!!!!! :)
you can run but you cannot hide.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

boowrestle

you can run but you cannot hide.

TomM

I will start... (you guys can wait til tomorrow.   8))
Will anyone figure out how wrestlers did, who dropped a weight class for the end of the year?  Wonder how many do and how they do? Compared to those who don't.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

woody53

Quote from: TomM on February 20, 2014, 09:32:25 PM
I will start... (you guys can wait til tomorrow.   8))
Will anyone figure out how wrestlers did, who dropped a weight class for the end of the year?  Wonder how many do and how they do? Compared to those who don't.
First Base !
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

statman

the way our society is nowadays, with political correctness, your not allowed to voice your opinions because it might offend someone.
they don't call me statman for nothin

Say-Say

Quote from: statman on February 21, 2014, 06:16:39 AM
the way our society is nowadays, with political correctness, your not allowed to voice your opinions because it might offend someone.

Part truth.

I noticed it's been quiet, too. I'm not a huge talker, but have always enjoyed the lively discussions around this time of year. Too quiet, though. Was wondering why myself.

Is wrestling really that boring until the state championships? Is there nothing to talk about? Up and comers? New faces?

ctl

lets start with the amery sectional, 182 6 ranked wrestlers in an 8 man bracket or 160 5 ranked wrestlers. WOW!

ctl

and one more, adams friendship sectional 145, 4 ranked and 3 hm thats 7 out of 8 not bad!

HMsDad

Wausau West Sectional ranked wrestlers
106 has 2
113 has 3
120 has 4
126 has 4
132 has 3
138 has 4
145 has 5
152 has 4 (2-3-4 and HM, ) Going to be good!
160 has 5
170 has 5
182 has 5
195 has 4
220 has 4
285 has 4

idol-alum

Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.
- Aldous Huxley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghetto

Ranked or HM wrestlers in the Milwaukee Riverside Sectional

106- 2
120-3
126-2
132-3
138-1
145-2
152-2
160-1
170-1
182-1
285-2
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

whatever

Either some sectionals are loaded....or the rankings committee really sucks.

;)  ;)
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

MantyWrestler

Don't we all think that when we re-rank all the wrestlers after regionals that for the most part every weight will have a few ranked wrestlers in it? People take out guys that didn't make it and place those that did up near the top.

My son's season was lost last year the week of regionals due to a concussion and he went from 3rd or 4th to not ranked at all. Not that I really care but did people really think he was no longer any good? No, they just pulled him out since he was out of the race. Therefore others that were still wrestling were now ranked. Rankings are fun to look at and can make a parent proud but we all know or think we have a good idea who the real studs are.

I chose to not say too much because I really don't like to talk about my own.

I say 126 at Sheboygan South will be tough. 4 very good wrestlers looking for 2 spots. Adams dropping makes things very interesting.
Jack Youngchild
Manitowoc Lincoln

Out of Nowhere

Quote from: Ghetto on February 21, 2014, 07:45:54 AM
Ranked or HM wrestlers in the Milwaukee Riverside Sectional

106- 2
120-3
126-2
132-3
138-1
145-2
152-2
160-1
170-1
182-1
285-2

I'm surprised there aren't more kids ranked there than that.  Specifically 126 comes to mind.  It seems like that weight is 4-5 kids deep who all could take it.