Team sectional Merrill vs Menomonie

Started by Pheasant 1984, February 17, 2014, 05:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justaclone22

Quote from: Ino on February 17, 2014, 08:06:51 PM
Quote from: Joe Levickis on February 17, 2014, 07:36:53 PM
Let's talk about the great competition! I'd like to congratulate both programs on the awesome opportunity they have in front of them. It would be nice to discuss that rather than complain about the site of the event. I think it's going to be a great dual between two evenly matched teams. Both teams have a solid lineup with great coaching staffs. It looks like it will come down to bonus points. Every match point will count a great deal towards deciding this one.

+1

Some fans don't realize how lucky they are to see two good teams go at it, it doesn't happen that often.
Some fans aren't from Menomonie or over in the Merrill area over there, so they don't have the luxury of traveling 2-2.5 hours to watch a dual meet on a Tuesday night.

coachn

Has Menomonie ever been to team state?

ecnorth

Good luck to Coach Peissig and the Mustangs tonight!

Not taking sides in the debate one way or another, but, justaclone's highway 53 theory might actually be pretty accurate!  Chippewa Falls is EAST of 53 too.  EC Memorial is pretty much right on 53 until they moved the highway slightly east.

Mustang Fan

Quote from: justaclone22 on February 17, 2014, 07:20:48 PM
Quote from: Ino on February 17, 2014, 07:04:24 PM
Quote from: justaclone22 on February 17, 2014, 06:59:42 PM
Sure any school can apply, but only schools East of Chippewa Falls can host...........

That would explain why it is in Merrill, where was it last year?
According to WIAA website...
2014 - Merril
2013 - Wausau West
2012 - Merrill
2011 - Chippewa Falls
2010 - Eau Claire Memorial
2009 - Eau Claire Memorial
2008 - Wausau West
2007 - Wausau West
2006 - DC Everest
2005 - Rice Lake
2004 - Wausau West
2003 - Merril
2002 - Medford
2001 - Chippewa Falls
2000 - Medford

Wow 5 times on this side of the state in 14 years ??? ??? ???

head57

Quote from: Mustang Fan on February 18, 2014, 02:30:55 PM
Quote from: justaclone22 on February 17, 2014, 07:20:48 PM
Quote from: Ino on February 17, 2014, 07:04:24 PM
Quote from: justaclone22 on February 17, 2014, 06:59:42 PM
Sure any school can apply, but only schools East of Chippewa Falls can host...........

That would explain why it is in Merrill, where was it last year?
According to WIAA website...
2014 - Merril
2013 - Wausau West
2012 - Merrill
2011 - Chippewa Falls
2010 - Eau Claire Memorial
2009 - Eau Claire Memorial
2008 - Wausau West
2007 - Wausau West
2006 - DC Everest
2005 - Rice Lake
2004 - Wausau West
2003 - Merril
2002 - Medford
2001 - Chippewa Falls
2000 - Medford

Wow 5 times on this side of the state in 14 years ??? ??? ???

Actually, 15 years. Have you spoken to your AD to find out if your school put in for the sectional? Seems like that would be the place to start.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

Big House

Quote from: ecnorth on February 18, 2014, 08:40:28 AM
Not taking sides in the debate one way or another, but, justaclone's highway 53 theory might actually be pretty accurate!  Chippewa Falls is EAST of 53 too.  EC Memorial is pretty much right on 53 until they moved the highway slightly east.

The WIAA obviously thinks that it's best to hold the sectional closer to the better teams.  Sure Hudson and Menomonie have put some decent teams together recently, but seriously ... the real talent has been farther east.
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

justaclone22

Quote from: Big House on February 18, 2014, 02:59:02 PM

The WIAA obviously thinks that it's best to hold the sectional closer to the better teams.  Sure Hudson and Menomonie have put some decent teams together recently, but seriously ... the real talent has been farther east.
Ouch.

The Last Ride

Quote from: Big House on February 18, 2014, 02:59:02 PM

:o :o :o Don't start House.......
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Big House

It's no fun when you guys KNOW I'm just trying to start something!

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

The Last Ride

Looks like Merrill moving lineup up from 160-285

– Yoda

head57

thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

The Last Ride

– Yoda

littleguy301

Quote from: Pheasant 1984 on February 17, 2014, 09:57:01 PM
I'm actually from Knapp, but that really don't matter! I've known where this match was going to be held for quite some time now. I just feel that it should be held somewhere in between. WIAA has the power but won't step up and change it. It should be a great match!

Being from Knapp doesnt really count for much ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D Just kidding.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

I remember Hudson being the sight of a football game in I believe Level 3 but the team from the other side of the state invoked a rule about travel time and they had the game moved to Chi High. I thought that was bogus because it was Hudson right to have the game but the powers to be had it moved.

But that following winter Hudson had to make a long trip over 3 hours on a school night to wrestle team sectionals but a football team wouldnt travel over 3 hours on a saturday.

I find problems in that but I would love to know if Hudson and Menomonie have put in for next years team sectional and then we could have an argument!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

OldAbes72

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 19, 2014, 01:17:01 AM
I remember Hudson being the sight of a football game in I believe Level 3 but the team from the other side of the state invoked a rule about travel time and they had the game moved to Chi High. I thought that was bogus because it was Hudson right to have the game but the powers to be had it moved.

But that following winter Hudson had to make a long trip over 3 hours on a school night to wrestle team sectionals but a football team wouldnt travel over 3 hours on a saturday.

I find problems in that but I would love to know if Hudson and Menomonie have put in for next years team sectional and then we could have an argument!

Hudson will not be able to hold it as we are the farthest team to the west. However the wiaa thinks the pool in the middle school is do great that they have no problems having sectionals there. Someone with more detail than I provided can clarify.