Weight Allowance

Started by novakm, November 21, 2013, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novakm

Since this years state tournament (individual) ends on March 1st, does that mean the wrestlers get another pound of growth allowance for Saturday matches?

Dec. 25th: 2 pounds
Feb. 1st: 1 pound
Mar. 1st: 1 pound
Multi-day tournament: 2 pounds (+1 Friday, +1 Saturday)

Do the wrestlers get 6 pounds on Saturday of state?

CLC FAN

Wow Coach... this might have occurred to me on February 28th.  We are on day 4 of practice and you're already getting State weight allowance sorted out!

#Aheadofthegame

crossface21

I don't think they do. The last time the calendar had us go into March I think we asked the same question.

bkraus

I would think so.  The rules are they get an extra growth allowance March 1. That happens to be finals Saturday.  I think the WIAA needs to put out a memo on this to clarify quickly.
Strive for Perfection

bkraus

Just sent Wade Labecki an email on the topic, he relied with the kids get 2 pounds on Saturday.
Strive for Perfection

Ino

Quote from: bkraus on November 22, 2013, 08:10:03 AM
I would think so.  The rules are they get an extra growth allowance March 1. That happens to be finals Saturday.  I think the WIAA needs to put out a memo on this to clarify quickly.

The way I read the season regulations is that it would be no:

http://www.wiaawi.org/Portals/0/PDF/Publications/Winter_Sport_Regs/wrestlingregs.pdf

c. A maximum of 1 lb. allowance shall be granted for successive days of wrestling regardless of the number of successive events,
or number of schools involved. The WIAA three day State tournament will be the only exception.
Note: The WIAA three day tournament will not include any additional growth allowance beyond the traditional 1 lb. per day
unless the tournament is delayed or postponed due to weather.

crossface21

I'm with Ino on this one. I think Labecki is wrong. He wasn't in charge of wrestling last time this happened so he wouldn't necessarily know the rule. In any case, I think there needs to be more follow up on this by the WWCA to make sure there are no mistakes and someone gets screwed.

bkraus

I agree crossface.  There needs to be some sort of official memo whether it comes from WWCA or WIAA about this.
Strive for Perfection

Ty Clark

I know I got an extra pound for the finals when it landed on March 1st... didn't need it, but we did get it.
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain