7% minimum appeal clarification

Started by onetimechamp, November 19, 2013, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onetimechamp

The issue has arose on our team that several wrestlers would like to re-take the fat test but have already had their information posted. After reading the appeal information I was left slightly confused. The way the appeal information is stated is vague and not very clear. The explanation makes it sound like the athlete doesn't have to retake the hydration portion of the test, which I would find hard to believe. Basically I am seeking clarification on the appeal process. Any help and insight is greatly appreciated!

imnofish

I suggest that you ask your coach to contact the WIAA for clarification.  They are the ones calling the shots, after all...
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

CLC FAN

Quote from: onetimechamp on November 19, 2013, 10:07:38 PM
The way the appeal information is stated is vague and not very clear. The explanation makes it sound like the athlete doesn't have to retake the hydration portion of the test, which I would find hard to believe. Basically I am seeking clarification on the appeal process. Any help and insight is greatly appreciated!

For a normal appeal of the original skinfold test, the wrestler must be re-measured by the same skinfold tester withing 14 days of the original measurement date.  Doesn't matter if their results are posted or not.  The hydration test is NOT repeated, but they don't use your new weight in the calculations anyway.  The only thing that can change that might help your kid is if he pinches more.  They do weigh the athlete, but that is only to ensure that they haven't lost or gained more than 1/2 a pound a day since their original weigh-in.

The source you want to be looking at is the Winter Season Regulations, Page 45.  I believe it's available to anyone on the WIAA website.  Maybe under the "Publications" tab?

boowrestle

We have a wrestler that is within 1lb of lower wt class with parents permission according to the state,he is going down to UW sports medicine and having the body scan done,only thing that sucks is cost $100.He must hydrate test again but can drop the 1/2lb a day for the test.PM me if you want any more info.
you can run but you cannot hide.