State Records

Started by BennyJammin, February 23, 2022, 10:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyJammin

Does anyone know what the state record is for career takedowns? Is there anywhere to see these stats?

Thanks!

Oz125

That would be interesting to know. I remember back in the day a kid from Kettle Moraine named Eric Swick (not sure about spelling) but he was fun to watch. He seemed to take guys down at will with a wicked duck under.

BennyJammin

I know my friend Kevin Tritz from Rapids has 1140. Trying to see if anyone has more!

pauladamski

I don't know the total number, but I'm pretty sure it is Ben Askren.

LeftyHeadlock27

I remember Askren has said before that he made it his goal to break the takedown record, I'm pretty sure he was trying to do the single season one but still ended up setting the career since he tried every year. Also a lot of high schools don't track takedowns, so I think it might be hard to know for sure who has the highest

harley25

Who has the state record for the most pins? And how many?

padre

Quote from: LeftyHeadlock27 on February 23, 2022, 12:37:57 PM
I remember Askren has said before that he made it his goal to break the takedown record, I'm pretty sure he was trying to do the single season one but still ended up setting the career since he tried every year. Also a lot of high schools don't track takedowns, so I think it might be hard to know for sure who has the highest

Any high school that doesn't track takedowns definitely wouldn't have someone that had the takedown record. 😀😀

If you don't track takedowns what do you track?

dman

I thought there was a kid from River Valley a few years ago that had the record...Cal Jensen??

crossface21

I believe the WWCA use to put out a yearbook that had unofficial state records in it. Very unofficial since it depended on coaches sending in the info. I don't know what year they last did it though. I think I have one from like 10-12 years ago.

littleguy301

Quote from: padre on February 23, 2022, 01:06:11 PM

Any high school that doesn't track takedowns definitely wouldn't have someone that had the takedown record. 😀😀

Wins and pins
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

BennyJammin

Quote from: crossface21 on February 23, 2022, 01:56:20 PM
I believe the WWCA use to put out a yearbook that had unofficial state records in it. Very unofficial since it depended on coaches sending in the info. I don't know what year they last did it though. I think I have one from like 10-12 years ago.

I'd still be interested in knowing!

padre

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 23, 2022, 07:59:39 PM
Quote from: padre on February 23, 2022, 01:06:11 PM

Wins and pins

Short awards banquet😄😄😄.  Good luck to your son!!!

benaskren

371- Sophomore year
401- Junior Year.

Likely will never be broken :)
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

WINfan

you're right.  it will never be broken.

someone will cry about someone's feelings being hurt and some administration will put a stop to it in progress.

Gordy M

I remember watching Ben many times, pretty smooth on his feet he made a lot of good wrestlers look silly. the good old days