Nothing Rattles Houndhead

Started by Goat Roper, December 08, 2013, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

This happened to a buddy of mine about 30 years ago.  Same outcome.  Rumor has it that the smell of human urine is a bear repellant.  Then again, it might depend on what kind of pants you are wearing.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

imnofish

Quote from: Goat Roper on December 08, 2013, 07:29:55 PM
Quote from: imnofish on December 08, 2013, 05:19:47 PM
This happened to a buddy of mine about 30 years ago.  Same outcome.  Rumor has it that the smell of human urine is a bear repellant.  Then again, it might depend on what kind of pants you are wearing.   ;D

I probably would have made a #2 ;D

He actually had a handgun pointed right between its eyes; then it decided to leave.  He said he was shaking like a leaf... and he's a guy who has shot quite few bears with a bow, but this was the only one that actually came up the tree to check him out.  Personally, I'd have made a #3 (1+2).   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Houndhead

Not me, I would have been yelling at it before it got that close. I do not have a fear of bears, but I do have a healthy respect for the speed and power they possess. I did see my cousin get bit on the wrist by a bear one time. I was glad the bear let go right away so I didn't have to try and get it off him. ;D

imnofish

Quote from: Houndhead on December 09, 2013, 07:19:27 AM
Not me, I would have been yelling at it before it got that close. I do not have a fear of bears, but I do have a healthy respect for the speed and power they possess. I did see my cousin get bit on the wrist by a bear one time. I was glad the bear let go right away so I didn't have to try and get it off him. ;D

Wow!  I was face-to-face with a bear once, but it was through a window.  Yeah, my buddy said he yelled at "his" bear all the way up the tree, but it just kept coming. 

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

IT'S TOTALLY BEYOND ME AS TO WHY THIS BEARS STILL ALIVE!...unreal, saw this tape a while back, i can't understand why he didn't simply shoot it, is there a law in Canada against shooting different types of bears?...hound, what was the weight of that bear?.. maybe 200?...all i can figure out is there must have been a Guide with some type of lure and a HUGE GUN above him who had alread told him what to do in that situation ....wouldn't have changes the outcome had i been in that tree with him...i would have let the first shot go as soon as that bear even thought about heading up that tree!.. :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY