Portage 3rd Annual Kick-off Classic 12/8

Started by yount19, November 26, 2013, 06:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yount19

We are expecting another strong turnout as the pre-registration pace is ahead of last year.  We switched to trackwrestling.com.

I know there are lots of you itching for the season to start, hope to see you next week in Portage. 

$10 Pre-registration Fee (best deal in the state!) USA Cards will be on sale.

www.trackwrestling.com

- Custom Medals and Bracket Sheets
- Great Competition
- Team Trophy's
- Bracket by experience where possible
- Had kids from over 30 different schools last year
- Best Tournament food
- Packers play late...

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

MOEGYMAN

Just signed the kid up for your tournament.This was the first time we have ever preregistered for a tournament and did not have to pay up front.I'm not saying I'm just saying this is one more variable you are leaving yourself open for if people do not show bracketing will take forever.That being said we have attended your tournament every year,once you get it going all is good just need to get it going a little quicker and this will not help.

padre

Wierd...I have never seen a tournament that you do not pay online. Kind of negates why you do it.  Probably too late to change it for this year but something you may want to change for next year.

aarons23

Nothing wierd...has been a feature of trackwrestling for sometime.  Most choose not to use it. I think it's a great testament to Portage to use it.  It obvious  it's not just about the money, if you can not go you are not out of anything.  Portage always runs a great tourney and we will be there.  I think many forget the old days when you planned on being at a tournament all day....it's great we have improved tournaments to run quicker....but even if something slows it down, it's still a great day with the boys.  Look forward to our first tourney of the year at Portage.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

padre

It is odd....been to 100 tournaments and this is the first time I have seen it.  Not sure why you would have pre-registration without getting factual numbers.  There are plenty of things that "used to" happen in our lives that we don't want to go back to....waiting for hours for brackets is one of them.

Portage has been a good tournament the two years I went and I am sure it will be again this year.

aarons23

Quote from: padre on December 03, 2013, 06:31:18 AM
It is odd....been to 100 tournaments and this is the first time I have seen it.  Not sure why you would have pre-registration without getting factual numbers.  There are plenty of things that "used to" happen in our lives that we don't want to go back to....waiting for hours for brackets is one of them.

Portage has been a good tournament the two years I went and I am sure it will be again this year.

Odd to you...I have also been to 100 tournaments and have seen it before....at least three times.  Again kudos to Portage for using it.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

yount19

Previous post nailed it... we do save some $$$ by having wrestlers pay the day of the tournament.  It also helps us keep it at $10, when $15 or $20 is starting to become the norm.

Thanks for the kind words about our tourney... 

yount19

last bump... pre-registration is open til tomorrow afternoon...

Our pre-registrations are double what they were at this time last year...

It's going to be a great day... hope to see you Sunday...