Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

That is crazy fast. What break is in that thing to get him through the corner? I am looking forward to them coming. I will be hanging out with the Mid AM guys that weekend at RA. Will I run into you Woody?

woody53

We plan on being up there. Don't know where we will be paddocked, but as we get closer, I will let you all know. I really want to be there on Thursday for the test session to see these guys come down into turn five for the first time. I still remember the first time I came in there hot. Thought I was going to die!
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

During the Nashville Nationwide race today, they are talking about Kelly nursing some banged up ribs. Anyone know what that's about?

TomM

Tough bear hug by Danica Patrick?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

dad 2 5

Quote from: woody53 on April 03, 2010, 05:09:06 PM
During the Nashville Nationwide race today, they are talking about Kelly nursing some banged up ribs. Anyone know what that's about?
I know he was golfing Thursday but that is all I know

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: woody53 on April 03, 2010, 05:09:06 PMDuring the Nashville Nationwide race today, they are talking about Kelly nursing some banged up ribs. Anyone know what that's about?

Don't know either. 

My only guess would be (and just a guess)...Kelly did hit the wall pretty hard on like Lap 3 or 4 back in Las Vegas in late February, the right front tire went down (if I remember correctly), which was kind of odd for being so early in the race...maybe he banged it up then.
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

woody53

Bires starts 16th tonight down in Phoenix. Not a great lap, but respectable for how the track was changing.

dad 2 5

I was hoping for a little better finish just caus' Brad averaged 3.6 at Phoenix. Another good run for Menard!

WISCwrestlingfan

Kelly was doing pretty good, he was in 9th place with only like a dozen or so laps to go, prior to the pit road contact.

dad 2 5

sounds like Kelly is looking for a ride. JR let him go.

dad 2 5

Interesting. Chemistry issues. Couple sites said he was not too happy getting moved around. What I know of Kelly he is pretty level headed but will say what is on his mind. Hopefully he gets another shot.

woody53

Sorry, this really Pi$$ed me off. JR Motorsports = Title IX Racing! >:(

millert

Tony Eury didn't want to try and develop a driver.  His radio chatter has been horrible.  Eury refuses to listen to anyone.  His way or the highway.  Maybe he should sit in the car he sets-up and try and drive it 185 MPH.  Eury needs to trust his driver feedback.  Kelly will get his shot and the 88 will be behind him.
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

dad 2 5

So we are on the same page:
Danica - 35, 31, 36 first three race finishes
Kelly - X, 7, 42, 12, 14, 17
How is JR doing in the cup?
It is all about $ and family (JR nation)

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: dad 2 5 on April 14, 2010, 04:04:11 PM
So we are on the same page:
Danica - 35, 31, 36 first three race finishes
Kelly - X, 7, 42, 12, 14, 17
How is JR doing in the cup?
It is all about $ and family (JR nation)

And that "42" was a blown tire on lap 3...not exactly Kelly's fault.