Started by TomM, February 13, 2020, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

npope

While interesting, the RPI rankings are BS if they aren't ranking Iowa's Desanto at 133. Must be an oversight, but if so, how much attention are they really paying to anything? Hard to know. Interesting how high they rank Moran at 141 (third?).
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

Looks good for tournament points if they can wrestle to their seed or higher.
Think if we had Zander at 57, Covaciu (74) and Ritter or BB (97). We would be talking all ten weights.
But let's be happy with the the group wearing the W and maybe we can get a surprise at the Big Tens and get someone else through (Scharenback or Dow/Katt)

ChargerDad

Quote from: npope on February 13, 2020, 05:31:38 PM
While interesting, the RPI rankings are BS if they aren't ranking Iowa's Desanto at 133. Must be an oversight, but if so, how much attention are they really paying to anything? Hard to know. Interesting how high they rank Moran at 141 (third?).

He's not eligible for RPI rankings.. you need 15 matches against D1 opponents to be considered for the RPI.. Desanto is 12-2, so after his next match he will appear in the RPI.

npope

Quote from: ChargerDad on February 13, 2020, 06:46:13 PM

He's not eligible for RPI rankings.. you need 15 matches against D1 opponents to be considered for the RPI.. Desanto is 12-2, so after his next match he will appear in the RPI.

Okay, thanks. Jumped too soon.

Nat Pope

npope

Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 13, 2020, 05:55:26 PM
Think if we had Zander at 57, Covaciu (74) and Ritter or BB (97). We would be talking all ten weights.
But let's be happy with the the group wearing the W and maybe we can get a surprise at the Big Tens and get someone else through (Scharenback or Dow/Katt)

Yep, that sounds good, but if we still had those gents on board we might not have had the $$ to recruit the current bunch of guys - always a trade off. That said, from what I heard on the forum, Zander is still getting his scholarship.

Nat Pope

BuckyMatt

mkm13

Quote from: npope on February 13, 2020, 07:09:28 PM

Yep, that sounds good, but if we still had those gents on board we might not have had the $$ to recruit the current bunch of guys - always a trade off. That said, from what I heard on the forum, Zander is still getting his scholarship.

I'm sure Zander is still getting a scholarhsip, but I don't think it counts toward the 9.9 because of the injury.  Covaciu and Ritter would certainly be an improvement over what we have right now at 174 and 197, but neither aret going to score many points at NCAA's either. 

Them leaving created openings to give scholarship money to others (Sebastian I am sure wouldn't be here if they didn't leave).

wrastle63

Quote from: mkm13 on February 14, 2020, 08:55:25 AM
Quote from: npope on February 13, 2020, 07:09:28 PM

I'm sure Zander is still getting a scholarhsip, but I don't think it counts toward the 9.9 because of the injury.  Covaciu and Ritter would certainly be an improvement over what we have right now at 174 and 197, but neither aret going to score many points at NCAA's either. 

Them leaving created openings to give scholarship money to others (Sebastian I am sure wouldn't be here if they didn't leave).
Ritter isn't necessarily even the starter at Minnesota. He is splitting time with Joles(a Wisconsin native).

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: npope on February 13, 2020, 07:07:40 PM
Quote from: ChargerDad on February 13, 2020, 06:46:13 PM

He's not eligible for RPI rankings.. you need 15 matches against D1 opponents to be considered for the RPI.. DeSanto is 12-2, so after his next match he will appear in the RPI.

Okay, thanks. Jumped too soon.

Johnny Sebastian also does not have 15 matches yet. He is 9-5 so he cannot get an RPI yet.

Wondering why Nat noticed DeSanto but not Sebastian? ::) Ha ha... ;D
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

MNbadger

I don't see Ritter as an AA.  Joles is just as likely to AA and I'd rather see him getting the experience.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan