US Open Results - U20 Freestyle

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, April 26, 2024, 02:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

61kg Zan Fugitt 70 kg Royce Nilo and 86 kg Luke Condon are wrestling in the U20 Freestyle

Results are at Flo Arena https://arena.flowrestling.org/

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

61kg Zan Fugitt has gone 3-0 so and has made it to the quarterfinals.

70kg Royce Nilo went 2-2, winning his first two matches

61kg Luke Condon has gone 3-0 so and alos will wrestle in the quarterfinals.

Large number of wrestlers per weight - 128 man brackets.
Kirk Nelson

Army Ant

State of WI has finalists in 4 out of 10 wt classes. Hopke got beat or it would have been 5. I think he's had an injury this year.

vsmf2010

Anybody watching this? There are so many challenges that the matches have almost no flow. Almost unwatchable. For every minute of action there is a minute of the 2 wrestlers circling waiting for the challenge to be decided. I know we have been saying this for years but they have to clean up the FS scoring so it can be scored correctly and easier for the athletes, coaches and officials to understand.

hammer

4 in a row from AWA also. Hopke has wrestled some good competition this year. I heard he had a minor injury but Jimmy Mullens is a very good wrestler and also a former world medalist.

Army Ant

Quote from: hammer on April 27, 2024, 02:30:42 PM4 in a row from AWA also. Hopke has wrestled some good competition this year. Ibheard he had a minor injury but Jimmy Mullens is a very good wrestler and also a former world medalist.

I think it's more than minor. But we'll see when he hits college.

BadgerOne

Mullvaney, Mirasola, Mirasola, Sinclair in finals.  Hopke lost to Mullen and still alive for 3rd place.  Millard wrestling for 7th place against Laird Root who decommitted from UW.  Nilo is out and Fugitt and Condon are wrestling for 7th place.

Ben must be thrilled.

BadgerOne

Seth Mendoza from Illinois who Bono liked but committed to Missouri knocked off Jax Forrest.

dad 2 5

Brett Back, excellent come back from injury!

hammer

Don't forget that Ian Smith and Max Ramberg are going to wrestle it out for 5th at 97 KG! I think Ian is a Crass trained kid. Another in state club also! Nice to see that they are double AA also. Does anyone think that training both styles hinder the devolpement in either style?

hammer

Quote from: Army Ant on April 27, 2024, 02:43:29 PM
Quote from: hammer on April 27, 2024, 02:30:42 PM4 in a row from AWA also. Hopke has wrestled some good competition this year. Ibheard he had a minor injury but Jimmy Mullens is a very good wrestler and also a former world medalist.

If it is a major injury I give him credit for gutting it out for the open! Do you think the Gophers would risk one of their big recruits to further an injury?

Army Ant

Quote from: hammer on April 27, 2024, 05:28:16 PM
Quote from: Army Ant on April 27, 2024, 02:43:29 PM

If it is a major injury I give him credit for gutting it out for the open! Do you think the Gophers would risk one of their big recruits to further an injury?

No, but lots of injuries allow you to wrestle without significant risk of making them worse.

sidmyster

Mullens, he also is on thr football team at Virginia tec

MarkK

Sinclair and Conner Mirasola get it done. 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

For the Wisconsin Badgers

61kg Zan Fugitt places 7th

86kg Luke Condon places 8th

Nice showing in tough brackets. Both lost in the quarterfinals but won their blood round match..

Kirk Nelson