D2 team predictions...

Started by shift, February 16, 2015, 03:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: npope on February 19, 2015, 07:19:44 AM
Quote from: Firstinline on February 19, 2015, 05:44:00 AM
Npope. I think the water that Ellsworth has been drinking for years is now seeping further away, not a long ways but further. Looking at a map of Wisconsin, it looks to me that Hudson is only about 20 miles from Ellsworth and SV/E would be about the same. I think Hudson is the dark horse that could win it all this year from what I have read. Ellsworth always seems to perform this time of the year and SV/E did win over Ellsworth in the Ellsworth tournament. This little triangle could come home with 3 state titles.

It is a little pocket of the state that has a strong wrestling tradition (not unlike a couple of other pockets, as well). The current success for that pocket isn't anything new. While Ellsworth has been relatively resilient over the years, River Falls (ten miles away from Ellsworth) was a power as well for a number of years. Hudson has come on strong in recent years, but they have often been standing in the shadows of some other good teams, as well. But indeed, Ellsworth has been the lynch pin of consistency in that region.

throw in Baldwin-Woodville from the mid 80's to mid 90's and they are 20 miles apart also. Toss in Boycville which is a smooth 45 minutes from Ellsworth and you have a very interesting vortect of wrestling through the years.

Why has Ellsworth continued to have success? Well if you have ever gone to a meet or been in Ellsworth those people whether young or old back/love/support their wrestling. When in Ellsworth it isnt Ellsworth wrestling it is WE! which is a part of why they are stronge, they all get involved and help out. Trust me I would like nothing more than to be able to kick Ellsworths keister in wrestling! But I do have the ut most respect for Ellsworth wrestling and the town that supports them!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet