Seth Gross

Started by bigoil, February 03, 2020, 07:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Seth is so insanely aware of his position and his opponents position. What he does to division one wrestlers, some who are even ranked in the top 20 is simply amazing.  Using your foot to half Nelson the guy is certainly not new but to do it at the level he does, with the control in which he has is simply amazing. I  used to be able to pull this off with my 12-year-old son, not elite ncaa athletes.

bigoil

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on February 03, 2020, 08:30:24 AM
Quote from: bigoil on February 03, 2020, 07:51:04 AM
Seth is so insanely aware of his position and his opponents. What he does to division one rustlers Maddie even ranked in the top 20 is simply amazing.  Using your foot to half Nelson the guy is certainly not new but to do it at the level he does in control in which he has is simply amazing. Are used to be able to pull this off with my 12-year-old son not elite ncaa athletes.

Can someone help me with translating this?
lol, sorry, I was using talk to text and hit submit by accident without reviewing. I should get a new phone apparently....

Translation: He's really, really good.

PAUL

I'd say this needs no translation, especially to folks who've watched him this year!  He is really something.

Handles II

It would be cool for him to win NCAA's, then stick around at the RTC or maybe even a coaching position if possible. 

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

I enjoy watching Seth's set up on the feet as well ...
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

leg turk

He's been great! I wish we had him for a couple more years. Big test this Friday!

bigG

Even though HS kids would see him as a funkmeister, it is his quest to always better his position on the opponent that sets him apart. I'm big on preaching position, so Seth is one of my go-to wrestlers to show kids that the funk is really about  gaining positional advantage. That, and he's just fun to watch.

Is Seth a future Olympian. Man, I'd hate to wrestle him.

I know what you mean, Howavi, I was an NCAA champ, when wrestling my boy. Felt good at the time. ;)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

mike

So impressive to me that in every situation/position he finds himself in, good or bad, he stays so calm and works through it
......and things usually work out in his favor