National seeds?

Started by wrastle63, March 10, 2015, 09:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Anyone have any predictions on what the Badgers will get for seeds or what the matchups will look like?

Micah

Taylor a #2 would not be surprised by #3

Jordan is a little more tricky, I am thinking a #3 but could end up a #4 if Sulzer gets seeded ahead of him.  If he gets a 4 he will have Bo in Qtrs.

Medberry I think will get a #6

hammen

1) Dieringer
2)  Zeke
3) Sulzer/Moreno/Zeke
4) Moreno/Sulzer
5) Bo Jordan
6) Walsh
7) Harger
8) Morse

Strength of schedule, an undefeated B1G season and a first place finish as the B1G tournament will really help Zeke's case in a top 2/3 seed. Sulzer does not have very many quality wins, and neither does Moreno. Zeke has a total of 5 wins over guys who I believe will be seeded top 8. Sulzer and Moreno both have only 1 win over the top 8.

Micah

I don't see anyway Jordan gets seeded ahead of Moreno.  I think he will end up the three.  I did not see any results indicating Sulzer and Moreno wrestled.

Criteria - Weighted Percentage
Head-to-Head - 25%
Quality Wins - 20%
Common opponents - 10%
RPI - 10%
Qualifying placement - 10%
Coaches Rank - 10%
Win % - 10%
Number of matches - 5%

1. Dieringer
2. Moreno
3. IJ
4. Sulzer
5. BJ

hammen

Criteria - Weighted Percentage
Head-to-Head - 25%
Quality Wins - 20%
Common opponents - 10%
RPI - 10%
Qualifying placement - 10%
Coaches Rank - 10%
Win % - 10%
Number of matches - 5%

Assuming a point for the leader of each category:

Head to head = Moreno = .25
Quality Wins = Zeke = .2
Common opponents = Zeke due to his 2 wins over Walsh who pinned Moreno= .1 + .2 from above = .3 Zeke
RPI = Moreno due to his last ranking of #2 vs Zeke at #6, not sure if they adjust after conference tourney = .1 + .25 from above = .35 Moreno
Qualifying placement = Zeke = .1 + .3 from above = .4 Zeke
Coaches Rank = I can't seem to find these but pretty sure it's Moreno = .1 + .35 from above = .45 Moreno
Win % = Zeke is 18-2 (90%) and Moreno is 21-2 (91.3%) so Moreno gets it = .1 + .45 from above = .55 Moreno
Number of matches = Moreno = .05 + .55 from above = .6 Moreno

If it was a hard formula to use, Moreno gets the nod. However, this is noted to be used for at-large allocations, not for seeding. You would think they would use similar criteria, but there are a lot of considerations I think. We shall see. Either 2 or 3 seed would be great.

Micah

I agree, the worst spot is the 4-5 much harder qtr final.

Same at hwt, 1-2 seeds have much easier draws to semis. 3-6 qtrs are going to be battles at hwt.

wrastle63

I hope Zeke gets the 2 or 3 seed. That is a much easier path than having to beat Bo and then AD who looks unstoppable right now. I feel like he would make the finals as a 2 or 3. I also like Taylors chances. How do you think the seeding will pan out? Schopp pinned Taylor, but took third at his conference and hasn't been wrestling the best. Also Brewer from Oklahoma has a good record, but hasn't really beaten anyone. I am hoping Taylor can be a 2 or 3 as well. Medberry will have a tough road, but hope that he his motivated after his two losses this weekend. Any idea if Timmy could get an extra qualifier spot? Will he be healthy enough to compete?

jaguarwrestler

I think if Medberry beats Coon he is a 3 or 4, now probably a 6, I think that match was bigger than just 3rd at B1G
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 10, 2015, 12:14:16 PM
I also like Taylors chances. How do you think the seeding will pan out? Schopp pinned Taylor, but took third at his conference and hasn't been wrestling the best. Also Brewer from Oklahoma has a good record, but hasn't really beaten anyone. I am hoping Taylor can be a 2 or 3 as well.
I cannot see Schopp getting the 2 or 3. That is a pretty bad loss at conference and he has not really beat anyone of note since he beat RT at Midlands. Brewer does not have a lot of quality wins but he did just beat Hall at conference. Honestly I would rather see Schopp get the 3 because I do not think he would make the semis but I think it will likely be Brewer. A healthy Brewer is a handful. Clark is a tough one to figure. Probably wrestled the most top 15 matches but did not wrestle RT, Brewer, or Schopp. I think it will look like this.

1. Dardanes
2. RT
3. Brewer
4. Clark/Schopp
5. Schopp/Clark
Not sure after this. DiJulius, Hall, Richards, Gulibon, Beckman, etc... all have good wins but a fair number of losses and I am not sure how they separate them.

Micah

Brewer is sneaky good and flies under the radar, he never gets talked about.

vsmf2010

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 10, 2015, 12:56:44 PM
I think if Medberry beats Coon he is a 3 or 4, now probably a 6, I think that match was bigger than just 3rd at B1G
I think Connor could still be seeded ahead of Coon. Coon has a win over Telford but they split head to head, Coon has one more loss, and he lost to Mcmullan and Walz who CM beat. I think the top 3 is pretty well set. NG, MM, and BT. 4-6 will be CM, Coon, and Marsden just not sure on the order. Pretty tough to separate but Marsden definitely has the least impressive resume. 2 losses to MG and BT and really only one big time win over Coon. He should probably be the 6 but I am not sure it will work out that way.

Agreed with a win over Coon. CM would have been the 3 or 4.