How long before they announce WWF state series is cancelled?

Started by beastmode, March 12, 2020, 11:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beastmode

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

bigoil

WHO has basically canceled all gatherings so doubtful that it will be able to continue, almost for sure no attendees.

kneeslide

WWF is paying close attention to the Coronavirus situation and getting information and direction from as many professionals as possible and will make any necessary decisions . At this time no change but will let you know  as soon as possible if necessary

CoachO

It would probably be a good idea for the WWF to look at USA Wrestling's advice and decide if this is an essential event. We are talking about youth wrestling here not HS, not NCAA, not international. I know first hand how hard these youngsters work and how much we spend on schools, camps, and academies, but this is not the pinnacle of our sport for them. That is still to come. It's just a small stepping stone and I will be keeping mine home this year. Many wont make that decision on their own.  Large gatherings are being discouraged by just about everyone who knows more about this sort of thing than many of us. 

Pregulater

Personally I hope they don't cancel. Maybe restrict attendance to coaches and immediate family members but not sure that is necessary.  Fortunately this event is for WI residents only and there are only a handful of cases confirmed in WI yet. Of course that number can change but for now I hope they wait as long as they can to make a decision. If my son is lucky enough to qualify I will be attending.

The wrestler

They cancelled NBA and NCAA basketball and will probably do the same to NCAA wrestling. Is it worth getting your kids sick for youth wrestling. Lots of contact in wrestling. Parents think about it before you get your kids sick. "You make the decisions not the kids. Do the right thing.

DocWrestling

Honestly wrestling is a worse sport than others when it comes to something like this.

1) A lot more competitors which increases exposure
2) A lot more competitors on the same mat with 100's of competitions on the same mat
3) Wrestling is a close contact sport
4) Even limiting fans to just close family members would still easily break the 250 attendance barrier set by the governor.  Limiting a wrestling tournament to just close family only eliminates about 25% of people

As far as qualifiers, schools will want to stay open and keep their small communities together and limit exposure to outsiders in the school.  Bringing in 500 wrestlers and their families greatly increases exposure inside school facilities.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

The wrestler

WIAA girls basketball are only allowing 4 people per family 88 total can watch the game per team.

DarkKnight

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on March 12, 2020, 04:12:40 PM
Quote from: The wrestler on March 12, 2020, 04:05:28 PM
They cancelled NBA and NCAA basketball and will probably do the same to NCAA wrestling. Is it worth getting your kids sick for youth wrestling. Lots of contact in wrestling. Parents think about it before you get your kids sick. "You make the decisions not the kids. Do the right thing.

Ok, who wants to tell this guy?

lol

GradeTough

We need new leadership in the WWF. Not releasing a statement as it relates to the process they are using to make a decision or a status is unacceptable. Their public relations suck.

bigoil

Quote from: GradeTough on March 12, 2020, 08:16:14 PM
We need new leadership in the WWF. Not releasing a statement as it relates to the process they are using to make a decision or a status is unacceptable. Their public relations suck.
It's nine days away. I'm sure they could or may have posted something but if you follow the WIAA, they post one thing and 4 hours later they changed their direction. Probably all for the better but still confusing.

If WWF came out and said as of now, everything is a go but we are monitoring the situation would that make you feel better?

I highly doubt any host site for the regionals will allow the competition to continue, thus the series is likely not going to go forward but there is likely not confirmation on that yet.

Good news out of China, people are back to work!

DarkKnight

Could refunds be sent out if regionals are cancelled? alot of money.....

beastmode

I heard a rumor tonight that River Falls School District will not be allowing the regional qualifier on the campus. Can anyone confirm?
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

The wrestler

Ok who wants to tell this guy what. Go ahead I'm here